Diaco livid post-game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco livid post-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Couldn't disagree more about Williams. I thought he had a pretty good game. Unless you think it's his fault that we were in a zone.
I have disliked Williams almost every time I have seen him play. It isnt that he doesnt make plays, but his body language on the field is bizarre. He has his go to move of throwing his arms out after the play is over to signal that the catch was incomplete, but many of the times his performance had nothing to do with the outcome of the play. I dont know, it bothers me for some reason and I begin to scream at the TV when he does it.

Reaction Score
how many times did PP win two games in a row?
P set the bar at 5-7. So Diaco needs to go 3-4 to get there. If...my math is right.

I'm rooting for the guy but to this point he has done nothing to justify any faith. Show me.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
What is NOT true about that statement?

P never had a 2-10 year. His teams could have beaten Nova and Army. DB is 4-13 as UConn coach. Take away the talk. You are what your record says you are.

I hope Diaco is the next Lombardi. I'm glad he's mad. But after 2-10 he has a LOT to prove. Prove it. Show me.

Stop. PP is 0-5 right now. And we aren't competitive in any of the losses.

We are exactly where we ALL thought we would be after 5 games: 2-3.

Reaction Score

P never had a 2-10 year. His teams could have beaten Nova and Army. DB is 4-13 as UConn coach. Take away the talk. You are what your record says you are.

I hope Diaco is the next Lombardi. I'm glad he's mad. But after 2-10 he has a LOT to prove. Prove it. Show me.

Palatine is absolutely correct (maybe I should have started that with "with all due respect") in that HCBD has not yet proven anything this season, and since last season was a disaster he has not yet proven anything. HCBD has given us hope, analyzing everything, that now that we get into conference play we are going to see clearly that the program is back in the right direction, but nothing is proven until we at least see that we can handle the UCFs, USFs and Tulanes of this world.

Now, the comparison of someone who proved he couldn't get it done with someone who hasn't yet had a chance for us to draw a conclusion makes no sense (is that better JImmy?) but that's Palatine.

Reaction Score
I have disliked Williams almost every time I have seen him play. It isnt that he doesnt make plays, but his body language on the field is bizarre. He has his go to move of throwing his arms out after the play is over to signal that the catch was incomplete, but many of the times his performance had nothing to do with the outcome of the play. I dont know, it bothers me for some reason and I begin to scream at the TV when he does it.
Exactly! There was one play where the ball was underthrown to the receiver he was covering and the pass was incomplete. Williams gets up and gives the incomplete referee arm signal - he had nothing to do with the play!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
P set the bar at 5-7. So Diaco needs to go 3-4 to get there. If...my math is right.

I'm rooting for the guy but to this point he has done nothing to justify any faith. Show me.

I need to stop taking your bait...but I can't resist...

Do you really think it is fair and logical to compare records of BD and PP when PP took over a BCS bowl team and BD took over PP's Towson losing team?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
This team plays too stupid to win. They could easily be 4-1.
Who was the coach who called a pass play with two seconds on the clock at the end of the first half. Was he hoping that his quarterback get injured on a useless play?
Who was the coach who called for two passes in a row when we had only two yards for first down deep in our territory after having already surprised them with a pass? This is reminded me of the Missouri game when we had three plays to gain five yards for a first down deep in their territory in the fourth quarter and Sherriff stood around in a daze with no intellignet direction from the side lines. Call time out. Figure how to get that first down. At that point only the first down mattered. What do these coaches think about? Bad coaching led directly to the interception that broke this team's back. Run the ball twice and then punt. Don't make the big error.
Who called for the onside kick with 9 minutes left in the game when we are still in the game?
The pass inteception and the personal foul for kicking ball out of bounds do not happen if coaches do not set these kids up for failure.
It is one thing for college kid to screw up. Quite another when the coaching staff is clueless about the game.
These kids play their hearts out and the coaches are calling a lousy game.

It is difficult to teach smart football to players if the coaches are not smart football coaches.

Reaction Score
. But the game turned on the obvious on side kick attempt. [/QUOTE]

The game turned on a play that was nearly successful, after which the defense would have held if not for the incredibly stupid penalty? Got it.

Reaction Score
Stop. PP is 0-5 right now. And we aren't competitive in any of the losses.
We are exactly where we ALL thought we would be after 5 games: 2-3.

That's fantasy, there is no way to know. P almost beat Michigan if you want moral victory comparisons. And His QB was worse. Diaco lost to SMU. SMU. He squeaked by Nova and Army. It's time to do something good.

The point is that Diaco has proven nothing. To this point he is worse than P. Actually, measurably, mathematically worse.

I would love to be PROVED wrong. Not happy talk. Not fantasies. Victories. I agree with Diaco, he is letting winnable games get away. And he has been a part of why we lose. So, yes, I'm a hard ass. Show me something.

Reaction Score

He actually was 0-3 his least season here Palatine....so he was worse than 2-10...just sayin'

Reaction Score
Glad to hear Diaco ticked off, although that demeanor is pretty shocking coming from him.

So no more "peace and love?"

Reaction Score
I'm glad to hear about Diaco flipping out. He has built these kids up long enough. A senior captain cannot get penalized like that. A QB lauded for ball security cannot throw that ball like that while the game is in the balance.

He has given out enough hugs and kisses. It's time he breaks off some feet in asses.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The game turned on a pass that never should have been considered. The game ended on one of the few things that may have been able to make the pass mentioned earlier appear to be intelligent by comparison.

Reaction Score
That's fantasy, there is no way to know. P almost beat Michigan if you want moral victory comparisons. And His QB was worse. Diaco lost to SMU. SMU. He squeaked by Nova and Army. It's time to do something good.

The point is that Diaco has proven nothing. To this point he is worse than P. Actually, measurably, mathematically worse.

I would love to be PROVED wrong. Not happy talk. Not fantasies. Victories. I agree with Diaco, he is letting winnable games get away. And he has been a part of why we lose. So, yes, I'm a hard ass. Show me something.
I think diaco has shown something. you just refuse to look at it.
if you can't see the difference between PP and BD, then maybe your last name is either Pasqualoni or Hathaway. at one point, you want to suggest it all comes down to wins. but then you suggest that diaco "barely beat Army and Nova". But he did beat them. so which is it? Again, I think you have your perspective, and no matter what happens, you'll continue to say "show me something"...

I liked the PP hire on paper. CT guy, NFL experience, and had college success. hindsight, wrong hire, wrong time, and simply the wrong coach for this program.
NEVER under PP's watch did this team move forward on any level. for three years, this team got worse in almost every category. I could be wrong, but I don't think PP ever won two games in a row (in almost 3 seasons)... Weist came in and won 3 to wrap up the season. Sure, P almost beat Michigan, and that may have saved him, but he didn't win.
In less than two years, Diaco has this team competing and believing. you can see the improvement on the field. you just need to look.

Reaction Score
I think diaco has shown something. you just refuse to look at it.
if you can't see the difference between PP and BD, then maybe your last name is either Pasqualoni or Hathaway. at one point, you want to suggest it all comes down to wins. but then you suggest that diaco "barely beat Army and Nova". But he did beat them. so which is it? Again, I think you have your perspective, and no matter what happens, you'll continue to say "show me something"...

I liked the PP hire on paper. CT guy, NFL experience, and had college success. hindsight, wrong hire, wrong time, and simply the wrong coach for this program.
NEVER under PP's watch did this team move forward on any level. for three years, this team got worse in almost every category. I could be wrong, but I don't think PP ever won two games in a row (in almost 3 seasons)... Weist came in and won 3 to wrap up the season. Sure, P almost beat Michigan, and that may have saved him, but he didn't win.
In less than two years, Diaco has this team competing and believing. you can see the improvement on the field. you just need to look.
Why do you guys take this guy's bait? He is deliberately obtuse, never played a down of football in his life and thinks that because he wrote a book about Star Trek he knows about football. I notice he never quotes the Boyle stats anymore. Could a poster have ever been more wrong and not admit it? I have him on ignore. It's much more relaxing on here since I did so

Reaction Score
Why do you guys take this guy's bait? He is deliberately obtuse, never played a down of football in his life and thinks that because he wrote a book about Star Trek he knows about football. I notice he never quotes the Boyle stats anymore. Could a poster have ever been more wrong and not admit it? I have him on ignore. It's much more relaxing on here since I did so

He really wrote a book about Star Trek? That's just too awesome to be true.

Reaction Score

Agree. He gets beat on a play, the receiver just drops the ball and he gets up throwing his rms out. Stop the showboating. I think he has some ability and I think he can be good, but stop the "look at me" nonsense. Just get up and get back to huddle.

Reaction Score
Agree. He gets beat on a play, the receiver just drops the ball and he gets up throwing his rms out. Stop the showboating. I think he has some ability and I think he can be good, but stop the "look at me" nonsense. Just get up and get back to huddle.
Come on. These guys aren't bots, DBs do this at every level. I love Williams attitude.

Reaction Score
Come on. These guys aren't bots, DBs do this at every level. I love Williams attitude.

Actually, I like to see DBs stop doing this at every level. Williams does have some ability, agreed. But he needs to stop the showboating on plays that he was zero factor in. People see this and realize that he was beaten except the receiver bailed him out.

Reaction Score
BD should be pissed b/c even though that game was no where near as close as the score indicated (meaning BYU dominated us), UConn was still in a position to win in the 4th qtr. Our OL can't black anyone, we struggled getting plays called in fast enough, our OL can't block anyone, we gave big cushions to the BYU BB front court WR's on 3rd and short, our OL can't block anyone, and lastly...our OL can't block anyone. Even when it was 7-7 and 10-10, BYU was their worst enemy. Dropped passes, stupid penalties, missed FG's.....they looked awful out gaining us at nearly a 3 or 4:1 clip. I'm remaining optimistic that we have 4 more wins in us given the schedule, but that won't happen if many of our unforced errors aren't corrected quickly.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
He really wrote a book about Star Trek? That's just too awesome to be true.

You beat me to it. Lmao!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul