Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I will fight all of you.

I am 6'6" and 290 pounds.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And how many smartphones you got?

I got smartphones to keep track of my other smartphones.

Sometimes AT&T calls me and says, "Hey, we're a little tight on bandwidth here....can you turn some of your phones off?!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Cody 1
IDC BY repliers 0

I think most BYers here too young to remember IDC.
Did he make an IDC reference? Or just hippies? I used to like to check out the hallway paintings.

Reaction Score
0 and 0 with possibilities of a bowl resurgence, but vampire away. What would it be without a few CT natives rationalizing whining in the pre, mid, or post season? Carry on vampires, suck the positive possibilities dry.

Reaction Score
Hey Cody,
Seems to me, IMHO, you might have a point if it's December and we're 2 & 9 going into the SMU....you need to back off until you see results. He is in this to WIN baby..... He has already started winning and that's in the locker room and weight room and personal accomplishments that each of the DEVELOPING PLAYERS are achieving. He is developing a winning program...ask the 18 players who have left already and by last count...the 14 new recruits, (so far) salivating to get into the program in 2015. So, being an alumnus like you...don't * on the program. This guy is going to go down as one of the great coaches of our time by the time all is said and done. Sit back and enjoy the process and ride. By the time he's done, it's going to be a beautiful cruise.

Intelligent words of wisdom. You understand, how it works and that it's a process. You get it! Today people are spoiled. They want instant everything. They don't understand that this isn't a video game. It's about real people, kids finding themselves and growing into successful men and citizens.

Watch what coaches like Randy Edsal,MD and Butch Jones do after humble beginnings at their programs. From what I can see, Diaco has the potential to be another Chris Peterson!

Reaction Score
We know about humble beginnings.

12x60-office-trailer1.jpg

Reaction Score
I sort of get what Cody means, I think. Sometimes this peace love and grooviness stuff seems a little forced, and I never hear it from say Belicheck. Though Lombardi used some of it, (My players need to be committed to their God, their family and the Green Bay Packers, in that order). I think though it is mostly that we just want to get this party started. See how the new attitude translates or doesn't translate into play on the field. Diaco has a tough job I think. He is trying to rebuild not just the team but also community interest which was really slipping after the the wreckage of the Pasqualoni years. And I think he knows that deep down he won't be that good until he recruits better players. He's expanded the recruiting already into New Jersey again, back to Florida, where it had fallen off dangerously under P, back to Pennsylvania...It is tough to sell a program that you know has major flaws unless you're a Wall Street bank, so he has to sell the sizzle and hope people buy that until he can actually deliver top notch football in a couple of years.

Reaction Score
"It’s not about winning and losing games. That mission and a job well done on that mission of cultivating and developing young men is what drives me personally and it has been for some time"

You want to help college kids become better people, that's cool. But what I want, as a season ticket holder and Alumnus, is wins. I want to see heads rolling. I want to see other teams come into our house and leave wishing they never came.

Make these young men into great people. Fine but I honestly dont care. They will grow up one way or another. We all have.

Show me winning football and save the hippie crap for your Kumbaya circles.
Give me some Mike Ditka fire, give me some Gruden stares. For the love of God, give us hard nosed football not tree hugging.

Just sayin.

--C
Cody: If you happen to be Catholic and go to confession. You are probably going to have to put this post on your list of sins. If not, I will give you your penance now.
1. Run up and down the bleachers at the Rent full speed 10 times
2. Write, I will never put Coach Bob Diaco down again 100 times
3. Read Dale Carnegie's book, How to win friends and influence people
4. Volunteer time at a local drug rehab center
and finally the punishment that will probably teach you the most
5. No beer at UCONN home games during the upcoming 2014 season.
You are restricted to bottled water only!

pj

Reaction Score
I sort of get what Cody means, I think. Sometimes this peace love and grooviness stuff seems a little forced, and I never hear it from say Belicheck. Though Lombardi used some of it, (My players need to be committed to their God, their family and the Green Bay Packers, in that order).

Pros and college are different, if you're not getting paid emotional fulfillment becomes even more important, but Belichek might be a better coach if he believed in love a bit more.

Reaction Score
Cody: If you happen to be Catholic and go to confession. You are probably going to have to put this post on your list of sins. If not, I will give you your penance now.

I think no. 5 may be unconstitutional.

Reaction Score
This is Outstanding!
1.) If you see a guy wearing a 99 jersey running up and down the bleachers at the BYU game you know its me.
2.) I will do in my next post.
3.) I have read that book. It is very good. I actually refer to it often. "Find out what people need".
4.) I volunteer my time at a soup kitchen every monday at lunch time. That should suffice. And my brother is an addict and I have to deal/help him. check in the box there.
5.) Not going to happen. However, I have cut back considerably at games. Only have 4-5 beers total.

Am I forgiven?

Reaction Score
I will never put Coach Bob Diaco down again
I will never put Coach Bob Diaco down again I will never put Coach Bob Diaco down again
I will never put Coach Bob Diaco down again I will never put Coach Bob Diaco down again

Reaction Score
This is Outstanding!
1.) If you see a guy wearing a 99 jersey running up and down the bleachers at the BYU game you know its me.
2.) I will do in my next post.
3.) I have read that book. It is very good. I actually refer to it often. "Find out what people need".
4.) I volunteer my time at a soup kitchen every monday at lunch time. That should suffice. And my brother is an addict and I have to deal/help him. check in the box there.
5.) Not going to happen. However, I have cut back considerably at games. Only have 4-5 beers total.

Am I forgiven?
Yes my son, you are absolved of your transgressions!

Reaction Score
Well you can go join his hippie circles and pass the spliff. I'll be waiting for a blind sided sack with the ball spitting out picked up for 6 our way.

First of all, you weren't getting that some coaches believe the process leads to success. Just so happens that part of Coach D's process involves caring about his players, along with competitive focus and discipline - terrible! You don't have to be a miserable D--k to be a responsible competitive and successful athlete or coach. Hold on to your stereotypes if you like, but when I wore my hair a little longer I didn't hesitate to fire up big talkers on the field or on the ice.

Season can't start soon enough. NEGATIVE!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First of all, you weren't getting that some coaches believe the process leads to success. Just so happens that part of Coach D's process involves caring about his players, along with competitive focus and discipline - terrible! You don't have to be a miserable D--k to be a responsible competitive and successful athlete or coach. Hold on to your stereotypes if you like, but when I wore my hair a little longer I didn't hesitate to fire up big talkers on the field or on the ice.

Season can't start soon enough. NEGATIVE!
oh wahh

Reaction Score
I sort of get what Cody means, I think. Sometimes this peace love and grooviness stuff seems a little forced, and I never hear it from say Belicheck. Though Lombardi used some of it, (My players need to be committed to their God, their family and the Green Bay Packers, in that order). I think though it is mostly that we just want to get this party started. See how the new attitude translates or doesn't translate into play on the field. Diaco has a tough job I think. He is trying to rebuild not just the team but also community interest which was really slipping after the the wreckage of the Pasqualoni years. And I think he knows that deep down he won't be that good until he recruits better players. He's expanded the recruiting already into New Jersey again, back to Florida, where it had fallen off dangerously under P, back to Pennsylvania...It is tough to sell a program that you know has major flaws unless you're a Wall Street bank, so he has to sell the sizzle and hope people buy that until he can actually deliver top notch football in a couple of years.

Scooter, hell, I believe top notch football (games) doesn't start in a couple of years. It started last December. It gets "measured" beginning in 7 days and then tweaked. Within three years, I do believe we lay witness to the greatest turnaround in CFB and we are in the CFB playoff...You gotta believe, have faith, have patience and enjoy....every single moment.

Reaction Score
Pros and college are different, if you're not getting paid emotional fulfillment becomes even more important, but Belichek might be a better coach if he believed in love a bit more.

Interesting that you brought up Belichek who is somewhere in the same coaching tree as Diaco. I agree that College and Pro are two different platforms. This was coach P's problem. He was removed from the college game for 5 yrs or so and college kids like pros is a mistake. These kids are still moist clay and can be molded easier. Look at the difference in success Greg Schiano had from Rutgers to the Pros. Diaco's persona and style is much more fitting to the college game. Although I personally feel he would be successful at any level. He brings energy into a room and is the consummate motivator.

Reaction Score
Did you even read my whole post? Doubt it. I think what everyone is feeling is an anxiousness to see what all this stuff actually means in terms of game day performance. Let's face it, if we get embarrassed in our first 3 games at home, (Lest you misconstrue this to my saying we will get embarrassed, I picked us to win BYU and Stoney Brook!) and end the season 2-10, all the rah rah stuff in the world won't make this season a success. And Diaco's love-peace-grooviness stuff will be pretty hard to take. Basically, not to speak for Cody, but at least for me, I'm tired of the speculation and just want the games to begin so we can measure how this stuff translates to winning games, which after all is the fundamental objective. Look, not a soul would care whether Jim Calhoun graduated 100% of his players and sent them all to the priesthood where they became medical missionaries and eliminated HIV in Africa and collectively found a cure for the common cold, if his record had been 275-629 instead of the other way around. In fact, he wouldn't have lasted to make it to 900 games. He'd have been gone after about 4-5 years had he gone 35-75. That's the same standard that applies to Diaco in a sense. If his players love each other and their fellow man and Geremy Davis takes what he learned from the Coach end up negotiating a settlement to the Israel-Palestine problem, and Tyler Whitman comes up with a solution to the western drought based on Diaco's principlesm that's great, but if they go 6-30 over the next 3 seasons, he is still not coaching here in year 4. Pretty simple really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom