DeShields leaving NC? | The Boneyard

DeShields leaving NC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Wow, that would be a shock. Does anyone remember her second choice before she picked UNC last year?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Really????

I dont see this at all!

Idol off season gossip, albeit early, gossip still.

Reaction Score
Some school in the Northeast....
Wouldn't that be something if she was interested in transferring to UConn. I doubt that she is but I wonder what kind of interest UConn would have in her after the fact???? Since she decided to go to UNC, Geno has recruited accordingly to fill his needs and maybe she wouldn't fit as well, now, as she might have earlier. It would be interesting to find out the answers to that possibility but I doubt that Geno would make it public if she were interested but he decided not to accept her transfer because I don't think he's that kind of guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Don't believe it for one second.

iagree.gif

Better chance of me becoming a vegetarian than this rumor being true

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Can't see it happening. Diamond would have to sit out a year or go overseas to play. UNC has the talent to win a National Championship & Diamond wants that. UNC allows Diamond a lot of on court freedom which best suits her style of play. She's not leaving UNC.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Rumor surfacing on a couple of Scout forums.

Other rumors include Icebear moving to Equador because he hates cold weather, meyers7 never watching, playing or refereeing soccer again and I'm leaving Naples to move to Connecticut. Ok, that last one might come true. ;)

Go Huskies..!!!!

Reaction Score
Even if you assume that the rumor isn't a total fabrication from an attention-seeking troll, I bet it went something like this:

Diamond got angry at someone or something at UNC, and threatened to leave the program. This is what the rumor-starter would have heard. But Diamond is impulsive; even her behavior on the court showed this at times. Eventually someone will have talked her down or reconciled whatever had annoyed her.

But yes, I put the odds of it literally being true as almost nil.

U

UCONNfan1

Can't see it happening. Diamond would have to sit out a year or go overseas to play. UNC has the talent to win a National Championship & Diamond wants that. UNC allows Diamond a lot of on court freedom which best suits her style of play. She's not leaving UNC.
I fully realize that UCONN can't realistically win every single NC, and obviously they haven't, but MAYBE when DD is a junior and is surrounded by Gray, Muvunga, and McDaniels as a senior they MIGHT have a shot. At making a final 4.

I mean let's be real. Even if T'ea Cooper decides to reaffirm her early verbal to UNC (she's a top 5 kid from 2015), their class of 2014 is pretty much a bust. Even South Florida has a better class than UNC, who has 1 recruit, and she's not even in the top 50.

Compare that to ND, UCONN, Duke, and then newbies Ohio State and UCLA, who have players almost as talented as Deshields, and other talent equal to Muvunga and Gray.

I'm sort of surprised that some are putting them #2 or 3 to start next year - they play with no discipline and while the talent is clearly there, the chemistry is lacking at this point. In order for DD to win a NC, she not only needs to go thru UCONN, but a ND team who has Loyd, Reimer, and Turner on the roster not to mention a terrific PG in Allen. I get that Deshields is a great talent, but I'd say her teams will be contenders... to get to the final 4.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if Geno would be interested, DD would not last 1 practice at UConn
I'm inclined to agree. I'm thinking of the expression "burning bridges." I think there is nothing but charred rubble there, now!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Wouldn't that be something if she was interested in transferring to UConn. I doubt that she is but I wonder what kind of interest UConn would have in her after the fact???? Since she decided to go to UNC, Geno has recruited accordingly to fill his needs and maybe she wouldn't fit as well, now, as she might have earlier. It would be interesting to find out the answers to that possibility but I doubt that Geno would make it public if she were interested but he decided not to accept her transfer because I don't think he's that kind of guy.
Could any of their academic issues spill over to the women's program and possible violations? Are there any issues surrounding female athletes like the men?

JS

Reaction Score
Do we have a link to the scout boards discussing this>?
Wondered what boards myself, and just what they were saying.

Took a look at the Summitt and saw there's a thread on this rumor, now locked. Can't read it as a non-subscriber, but am going to assume the lock indicates a negative view of the sources.

For this and other reasons, this thread must suffer the same fate until and unless something more substantial appears.

As Nan recently pointed out, there's nothing wrong with discussing rumors based on decent sources. (I heard, BTW, that Ms. Wilson was wavering between the Carolinas, so the rumor Nan put on the blog, aside from the respectability of the source in her view, was not off the wall.)

But there are three problems here:

1. We've seen nothing on which to base a judgment about the sources, other than a hint that they may not be that good.

2. As rumors go, we're especially leery of transfer talk absent any validation in the media. It's often cooked up out of nothing but some fan's imagination, and is potentially harmful. We don't allow it at all in respect of UConn players, and the leash in respect of players elsewhere isn't much longer.

3. For some posters this is turning into a gratuitous dump-on-Diamond thread. In the context, that carries its own unpalatability.

p.s. Since writing this I had a note from Blueballer indicating the rumor may have first appeared on the Georgia board, based on anonymous sources.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69