DeLone and Dez, together again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DeLone and Dez, together again

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
"Can't complain about the tools you've got..."

What a load of crap. He's blatantly throwing the players under the bus. And there's Dez right along with him, completely blowing off the fact that the oline, GDL's number one priority, has been a complete disaster for 2 years with this zone blocking scheme.

You know, sometimes the carpenter is a piece of no matter what tools he uses

Reaction Score
"Can't complain about the tools you've got..."

What a load of crap. He's blatantly throwing the players under the bus. And there's Dez right along with him, completely blowing off the fact that the oline, GDL's number one priority, has been a complete disaster for 2 years with this zone blocking scheme.

You know, sometimes the carpenter is a piece of no matter what tools he uses

While I'm in agreement about GDL, I think people are expecting more from the horde that what they're supposed to do. Dez asked the questions that needed to be asked. He is not going to get into a fight with GDL during the interview. Some want him to be their voice and that's simply not his job.

Reaction Score
After reading that he better not be anywhere near the offense next year. I think this winter we will find out how connected p n d are.

Reaction Score
After reading that he better not be anywhere near the offense next year. I think this winter we will find out how connected p n d are.

They may as well be conjoined twins. This is history repeating itself. This cycle already occurred at Syracuse. We should skip the next part.

Reaction Score
I wish history would repeat itself. They at least won at Syracuse before they got the boot

Reaction Score
I wish history would repeat itself. They at least won at Syracuse before they got the boot

They skipped that part.

That was in a different era of college football. They inherited the second most important program in the region before letting it fall into disrepair.

Reaction Score
P will fight to keep D on staff. It might not be as OC, but he will try to keep him employed. That is exactly what happened at Cuse if I recall correctly. GDL cannot be kept at all. We cannot let this drag out. That is what we have to watch for.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
P will fight to keep D on staff. It might not be as OC, but he will try to keep him employed. That is exactly what happened at Cuse if I recall correctly. GDL cannot be kept at all. We cannot let this drag out. That is what we have to watch for.
After the work with Griffen, I could see keeping him as TE coach.

Just not running the line or the offense.

Reaction Score
After the work with Griffen, I could see keeping him as TE coach.

Just not running the line or the offense.

that's what i was thinking. he's a good TE coach, I wouldn't mind having him there. Unfortunately that seems to be the extent of what he's good at.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does anyone believe that even if GDL is given a different title, if PP is head coach, anyone else would be in charge of the offense (or even offensive line)?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Does anyone believe that even if GDL is given a different title, if PP is head coach, anyone else would be in charge of the offense (or even offensive line)?

Exactly. As long as GDL is employed by UConn, he is in charge of the offense. He needs to go...all of him in all capacities. Without firing him, our offense will continue to scuffle and get worse over the years.

Reaction Score
Pead was a beast but his rushing yards totals also include yards from Cincy's bowl game. McCombs obviously doesn't include a bowl game.

"RB Lyle McCombs leads the BIG EAST in rushing through the end of the regular season. McCombs has rushed for 1,151 yards this season, good for fourth all-time by a BIG EAST freshman."

That is not to say that GDL is not delusional @ times ;)

LM had 39 more carries even considering the bowl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom