Delaware Blue Hens whup the Huskies! | The Boneyard

Delaware Blue Hens whup the Huskies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Delaware won their first round game against the NE Huskies yesterday.

Now they have to slay the Drexel Dragons of Philly!

Survive and Advance!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Delaware won their first round game against the NE Huskies yesterday.

Now they have to slay the Drexel Dragons of Philly!

Survive and Advance!
Hey, if Delaware can survive the 1-17 CAA Huskies, who knows how far they can go? Sky's the limit for the Hens.

Reaction Score
I can see it now...

Princeton vs Delaware in the National Championship game...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I've got a new rooting interest in the CAA - Elon. My son is enrolling there this fall and I'm actually on campus there at this moment.

Go Phoenix!

Reaction Score
I've got a new rooting interest in the CAA - Elon. My son is enrolling there this fall and I'm actually on campus there at this moment.

Go Phoenix!
You can watch all the games free. Go to Delaware's website cause there's a link there. Elon may be playing today. I love the atmosphere at these things!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You can watch all the games free. Go to Delaware's website cause there's a link there. Elon may be playing today. I love the atmosphere at these things!
Elon is playing UNC-Wilmington in Maryland. Too bad they're not here - I would have ditched my son to go see the game. :)

Reaction Score
Elon is playing UNC-Wilmington in Maryland. Too bad they're not here - I would have ditched my son to go see the game. :)
You can watch it online for free.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score

Go Phoenix!
Congrats! Go Phoenix!

Reaction Score
Back on topic:

If the Blue Hens can get past Drexel today then I'm sure they'll be in the Final against JMU(?).

Sure hope so cause I want to go to games all weekend. It'll be more exciting to watch the Selection Show on Monday too (if Delaware wins)!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Half back on topic. Massey predicts Drexel over Delaware 59-53, and Elon over UNC Wilmington 74-68. Six point margins for both.

Just Massey though, so it may not be a deep-six for the Hens, as he only got 85% of the calls right last night. He did have Delaware's 73-61 win last night predicted at 68-58.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

Go Phoenix!

I don't recall anyone on TBY granting you time off from mod duties so that you could lolly about with family. Back to work!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Striper on a roll as Delaware takes down Drexel to get to get to CAA semis. Almost back to .500. If Delaware beats Hofstra and Elon beats JMU in semis, may need some extra mod security to keep Striper and HuskyNan-PhoenixNan from doing any pre-game brawling on Sunday.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

Go Phoenix!
My niece is a sophomore there and loves it!

Reaction Score
Yea...the Blue Hens have indeed slain the (Drexel) Dragon.

It was touch and go at the end. Delaware fans around me were on the verge of panic but the Blue Hens settled down and took care of business.

I'm going early tomorrow and watch both games. It's fun as heck going to these tourneys. I love the bands, mascots and cheerleaders/dancers.

Nothing like it!

Survive and Advance!

Reaction Score
The semifinals are going to be on tv today. Check your local listings as they say!

Reaction Score
Was it a fantastic day of watching WCBB today?

You bet it was!

Both games were tremendous and were close till the end. Elon surprised me by staying with JMU. JMU seems to have a little more experience and prevailed.

Yes the Blue Hens fell to Hofstra and we fans were very disappointed. I think I can speak for all Delaware fans though when I say that we're proud of them. They never quit even though they were behind by 17 points in the first half (I think it was something like that). I thought it was going to be even worse but the Blue Hens staged a comeback in the second half. I think they were within 2 at one point. Like a couple of other games this season they had a chance to tie at the end but couldn't get a clean shot off.

Give coach credit for getting them back into the game.

I'd like to say (if by chance one of the Delaware people happen to read this) that this was a fantastic season for me personally. I loved the chance to sit behind their bench and get a close up look at the workings of a WCBB team in action as a season ticket holder. I may not get that opportunity again for years because I have to take a job that will demand extensive travel. I will follow Delaware, Maryland, Princeton and of course UCONN but I think it'll have to be by reading reports online and watching tv when available.

I say Bravo to Delaware and best wishes for the future!

Hofstra impressed me so much that I'm going to attend the CAA Final tomorrow and will be rooting for Hofstra to upset JMU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom