Death in the Family | The Boneyard

Death in the Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My mother died tonight.

The traitorous Fredo, the 0nly UConn grad in our family, sends pictures of her sitting with my sister (A Villanova grad) wearing a Villanova sweater on the 'nova side of the field.

We've had a complicated relationship throughout life. She's a Yankees fan, I'm a Sox fan. When the Sox won the World Series in 2004 she sent a Red Sox championship t-shirt to my three year old son. The note accompanying the package explained that should could never buy a shirt for me, but she could do it for her grandson.

Lines have to be drawn. A UConn grad wearing a Villanova sweater. Done.

Reaction Score
True...although I was biking around USF with my UConn gear. I love the comments I get.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm sorry to hear that chin my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Reaction Score
I know it was you Fredo, you broke my heart, you broke my heart

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Before this becomes Boneyard Legend thread status, you a should realize Iam speaking metaphorically.

My mom, the only UConn grad in my family, went to tonight's game wearing a Villanova sweater and sat in the 'mova section.

Why? Because she was born in PA and my oldest sister was a student at 'noba in 1985.

Mom is the worst combination of sports fan- a front runner, Yankee fan and doesn't root for her Alma mater.

Dead to me.

Our life long animosity was cemented when Sox/Yanks had a one game playoff on 1978 and Yaz poppled out to Nettles to end the fame. She looked at me and made a comment about her wanting the Yanks to win but not wanting Yaz to end the game. I was 7 yrs old. I told her to F-off. My dad threw me across the room. It was worth it.

Tonight she showed her true colors. UConn grad wearing 'Nova colors.

Dead to me.

Brodog16

Alzheimer's sucks
Reaction Score
I pray that she is still alive! My Mom is 82 and still roots for Bridgewater SU, her alma mater. That having been said... We won Tonight....that's right...We won tonight!!!!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
My mother died tonight.

The traitorous Fredo, the 0nly UConn grad in our family, sends pictures of her sitting with my sister (A Villanova grad) wearing a Villanova sweater on the 'nova side of the field.

We've had a complicated relationship throughout life. She's a Yankees fan, I'm a Sox fan. When the Sox won the World Series in 2004 she sent a Red Sox championship t-shirt to my three year old son. The note accompanying the package explained that should could never buy a shirt for me, but she could do it for her grandson.

Lines have to be drawn. A UConn grad wearing a Villanova sweater. Done.

You're Mom didn't die, Chin.

She won.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Still wondering if Chin woke up from being thrown 37 years ago for his flipped remark to his wonderful Yankee fan Mother ;)

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Still wondering if Chin woke up from being thrown 37 years ago for his flipped remark to his wonderful Yankee fan Mother ;)

So that's the explanation for his posts in the cesspool.

Reaction Score
You should actually be celebrating. Any mother who has that deep a passion for sports, a rooting interest in specific teams, and cares about the outcome of games, puts her (and you) miles ahead of many.

Reaction Score
Chin, the mojo worked. It's akin to tailgate menus from the opponent's home town. UConn won, that's all that matters.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You should actually be celebrating. Any mother who has that deep a passion for sports, a rooting interest in specific teams, and cares about the outcome of games, puts her (and you) miles ahead of many.

I know I'm fortunate. Very few women in their 70's know as much about sports as her. She still goes to HS football, basketball, volleyball, softball, baseball and just about any other sport.

And we always compare NCAA tournament brackets on Monday after selection. Loser makes a donation to winner's charity of choice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Still waiting for her post. Can you poke her with a stick or something?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Chin, as a crusader against child abuse, but as a Yankee fan and always respectful of mothers, I have decidedly mixed emotions about your mother's demise. That anything that she might have done to you could have damaged you to the point of your mindless Cesspool posts, I despise her. But that it was all in the great cause of A Yankee fan telling a Sux fan where to go, I forgive her. The Nova gear thing is clearly a case of her UConn clothes being at the cleaners. RIP Ma Diesel, you almost succeeded in raising a good boy.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Ma Diesel will have to go to the Army game with your sister and wearing the same Nova gear. That goes for everyone who went to the Nova game: you're all expected back for Army.

Don't piss off the Win gods.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Chin, the mojo worked. It's akin to tailgate menus from the opponent's home town. UConn won, that's all that matters.
Who's mom gets sacrificed for Army? The Mojo Gods demand tribute!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I won't mess with Mojo too much, but since that wretched Yankee fan dared to wear the Nova sweater, UConn won, the Sox have been hot and Connecticut has had record high temps.

Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro