DEAR SUSAN- #UConnNeedsChangeNow or #UNCN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DEAR SUSAN- #UConnNeedsChangeNow or #UNCN

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You could well be correct Gars. I'm not expecting their results but I seriously doubt that those two schools have identical standards for football players as thet have for their general student bodies. Whatever level they relax their standards by should be a level that we look to (as our general student body is not quite up to their standards, our standards for football players would also be similarly lower).

Reaction Score
You have to. Stop being silly. No one thinks your degree is less valuable because schools consider exceptional athletic ability as a factor in the admissions decision. Athletics is a factor. Diversity is a factor. Coming from a foreign country is a factor. Musical ability is a factor. Being a Kennedy is a factor. There are multiple factors. It's not just
SAT scores. If you don't realize this then you're not in tune with reality, and that degrades more than anything else. Some people think SAT scores should be the sole criterion. They should go to MIT then. A strong athletic program enhances a school, and makes mo betta students want to attend. Mo betta. C'mon man . . . . .
I think Jungle mentioned it above but I don't want to be like an FSU, and I don't think you do either. If an exceptional young man wants to come to UConn he should be given the opportunity, but he has to earn that opportunity with more than his athletic gifts (like getting decent grades).

Reaction Score
Warde Manuel Director of Athletics athleticdirector@uconn.edu
Doug Gnodtke Senior Associate Director of Athletics/CFO & Internal Operations douglas.gnodtke@uconn.edu
Karen Gigliotti Executive Coordinator karen.gigliotti@uconn.edu
Paul McCarthy Deputy Director of Athletics/Chief of Staff paul.mccarthy@uconn.edu
Cheryl Bertora Human Resources Coordinator cheryl.bertora@uconn.edu
Dino Mattessich Senior Associate Director of Athletics/Finance and Business Operations
Phone: (860) 486-1657/Fax: (860) 486-6404 dino.mattessich@uconn.edu
Neal Eskin Senior Associate Director of Athletics/External Relations neal.eskin@uconn.edu
Jim Calhoun Special Assistant to the Director of Athletics
Phone: (860) 486-5852
Dee Rowe Special Adviser for Athletics
Phone: (860) 486-1186
Tim Tolokan Special Assistant to the Director of Athletics
Phone: (860) 486-1500/Fax: (860) 486-0064 tim.tolokan@uconn.edu

What a payroll - my God. Obese government at its best - or worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom