Davis to South Carolina... | The Boneyard

Davis to South Carolina...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Twitter exchanges indicate an announcement is pending...
Or perhaps it could be a transfer from Maryland... or both?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
52980000.jpg

Reaction Score
Those have been the rumors...that'll be a talented team when Davis becomes eligible. Davis with a Sr. Coates, and a Jr. Wilson and Cuevas could be uber competitive.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Those have been the rumors...that'll be a talented team when Davis becomes eligible. Davis with a Sr. Coates, and a Jr. Wilson and Cuevas could be uber competitive.

Too bad she cant play next year.. now THAT would be a good team

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I posted on another board last week that Kaela Davis to SC made sense. She's a high risk/high reward type player that coaches like Geno and Muffet stay away from, but Dawn really needs to take on the risk (and Kendra) if she wants to put together a team that matches the expectations she's created. The wings/guards available after next season aren't championship caliber. I don't think Kaela Davis is either but her skill and athleticism make her worth the risk and family nonsense.

Reaction Score
I really don't think she'll be much of a difference maker for SC. A great athlete, a prolific volume shooter of the first magnitude who never saw a shot she didn't like, and a lousy 3-point shooter who has shown little inclination to share the basketball. This will be a true test of Staley's abilities.

Reaction Score
I really don't think she'll be much of a difference maker for SC. A great athlete, a prolific volume shooter of the first magnitude who never saw a shot she didn't like, and a lousy 3-point shooter who has shown little inclination to share the basketball. This will be a true test of Staley's abilities.
BASKETBALL players play different when surrounded by better players.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Darn shame that the two of the three most talented additions to the SEC in the past year are due to defections from the ACC

Reaction Score
Maybe that's a very telling sign for the so full of it self ACC. How is that powerhouse Boston College working out for ya. Oh and the defection of final 4 Maryland.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

I just have to disagree with you here... Davis is exactly the kind of offensive player that SC currently lacks (besides Mitchell, and even she gets gun shy at times). SC loses four guards after next season, and Davis will have a season to learn under dawn, a former guard might I add.. And be ready to play in 2016.. I think both Davis and Brown would flourish in Dawns system and being around other really good players. Hopefully this leads to us getting Brown because we could really use more perimeter players.... In 2016, a junior class of Wilson, White, Cuevas, Duckett, Davis and potentially Brown? Sign me up...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Darn shame that the two of the three most talented additions to the SEC in the past year are due to defections from the ACC

I guess kids are just getting tired of getting whipped by Notre Dame ;)

Good get for SC and a good move for Davis, I think. If there's one thing Davis could use, it's certainly discipline and she'll get that with Staley. Being on a team where she isn't by far the best player and basically given free reign will probably help curb some of her bad habits.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think she will be a good fit and likely be able to move into the 2 guard spot after Tiffany graduates. I'm going to be one sad rooster when Tiffany graduates.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I guess kids are just getting tired of getting whipped by Notre Dame ;)

Good get for SC and a good move for Davis, I think. If there's one thing Davis could use, it's certainly discipline and she'll get that with Staley. Being on a team where she isn't by far the best player and basically given free reign will probably help curb some of her bad habits.

Maybe, or maybe not. It's quite possible Davis is a player who won't function well in a more structured offense in which she's not the number one option. Will she be content to feed the ball to A'ja Wilson as the number one option? Will she be content to take 300 shots a season rather than the 645 she took at GTech last season? Will Kendra remain quiet if Kaela is not the #1 option on offense? I don't know the answers to these questions nor does anyone else here. All we know is that she's been a high volume, inefficient shooter who turns the ball over a lot. Maybe Staley will change that, or maybe, to paraphrase Bill Parcells, she is what her stats say she is. Either way, Staley needed to take the risk because she currently has no better option if she wants to win a championship with A'ja Wilson after Mitchell graduates.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well I'm down in Conway South Carolina visiting my brother in law. If I had a guess I think Brown goes to SC too. Dawn has shown she can build a program much like Louisville. Both teams will be good and imo are not one year wonders. They are established and will continue to be challenged to maintainttheir position in the polls. With that said Brown could end up at Louisville too but I would think south Carolina leads. Just a hunch.

Reaction Score
Kaela is a good replacement for Tiffany Mitchell. She brings immediate experience and she is talented.

Getting Lexi Brown would be huge for SC! I hope that there is more to Davis than we've seen so far but Tiffany Mitchell has been a college superstar in every sense of the word. Tiffany Mitchell is an efficient shooter, good ball handler and has very good court awareness. She does this without dominating the ball. I was also really impressed by her leadership in the NCAAs.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Maybe, or maybe not. It's quite possible Davis is a player who won't function well in a more structured offense in which she's not the number one option. Will she be content to feed the ball to A'ja Wilson as the number one option? Will she be content to take 300 shots a season rather than the 645 she took at GTech last season? Will Kendra remain quiet if Kaela is not the #1 option on offense? I don't know the answers to these questions nor does anyone else here. All we know is that she's been a high volume, inefficient shooter who turns the ball over a lot. Maybe Staley will change that, or maybe, to paraphrase Bill Parcells, she is what her stats say she is. Either way, Staley needed to take the risk because she currently has no better option if she wants to win a championship with A'ja Wilson after Mitchell graduates.

Were the "I think" and "probably" in my post insufficiently uncertain for you or did you just need someone to contradict and you chose me to quote? That's what I *think* will happen. No need to say "maybe, or maybe not", I'm already aware that I could be wrong.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Were the "I think" and "probably" in my post insufficiently uncertain for you or did you just need someone to contradict and you chose me to quote? That's what I *think* will happen. No need to say "maybe, or maybe not", I'm already aware that I could be wrong.

Yes and no.

I assumed your post reflected what you think. You lost me at probably.

Sorry.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Getting Lexi Brown would be huge for SC! I hope that there is more to Davis than we've seen so far but Tiffany Mitchell has been a college superstar in every sense of the word. Tiffany Mitchell is an efficient shooter, good ball handler and has very good court awareness. She does this without dominating the ball. I was also really impressed by her leadership in the NCAAs.

I cant see Brown at SC. Not enough basketballs.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Kind of off topic, but how good a job is Machelle Joseph doing at GT? She seems to sign good classes, but have they ever advanced to the Sweet 16? Were they even in NCAA tourney this year?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Kind of off topic, but how good a job is Machelle Joseph doing at GT? She seems to sign good classes, but have they ever advanced to the Sweet 16? Were they even in NCAA tourney this year?

GT made the sweet 16 once in 2011-2012. Tech played in the NIT last season, winning its first-round game against Elon and then losing to Ole Miss. Davis fouled out of the Ole Miss game, playing 18 minutes and scoring 7 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom