Dario Highsmith-Middletown HS | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dario Highsmith-Middletown HS

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I know Dario personally as I went to Middletown high as well (graduated last year). Obviously I'm biased but the kid is special. Tons of physical talent, solid bloodline, high football IQ, and very coachable. First one to the weight room/ practice, last one out.

I haven't talked to him recently, but have spoke with a mutual friend. He said Dario really likes Diaco and UConn is definitely high on his list. Dario's family really like Harvard, Yale, and BC because they put a huge priority in his academics.

Also just a note, one of Dario's best friends is 15' LB Isaiah Thompkins (listed at 6'0" 199, but more like 6'1" 215) who also a BCS level talent and is getting recruited by a couple of the same schools as Dario. I'm not sure if he has interest from UConn, but he has the talent.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1531208/isaiah-thompkins

Plays with a ton of passion and loves to hit people. Excellent dude on and off the field and in the classroom. I rowed crew with him too.

They may end up going to school together so thought I'd share. Hope to see them both in a UConn uniform in a couple years.

I like Dario but more as a corner or slot back at the next level. He is very smart, quicker than fast and would be a great addition to UCONN or any team.
Do you know if he is camping at UCONN this month?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
CPTV HS Football season preview:

I think the host of the video mentioned that while Highsmith is drawing attention from Yale, he will attend Fordham.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
CPTV HS Football season preview:

I think the host of the video mentioned that while Highsmith is drawing attention from Yale, he will attend Fordham.

He made no commitment to Fordham or anywhere else. He is open and waiting to see what the season brings before making a decision

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I have heard he is going to Yale and it is almost 100%.

He is a talented player who will be a big get for Yale at either running back or defensive back, where I think he ends up.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
True story.

Bobby Valentine dated my 7th grade science teacher when they were in high school. She asked him to come in and speak to our class, it was 1983 so he was probably in between playing for the Mariners and coaching the Rangers.

Anyway, I grew up a baseball junkie and loved science back then. I can still remember my teacher introducing Bobby V to our class and watching him walk in the room to speak to us. I was so excited when he shook my hand as he walked by my desk and on cloud nine when he made a joke about me "looking like a shortstop".

I don't remember much about what he said to me and my classmates but I do remember getting off the bus and telling my Dad about the entire thing.

My Dad smirked and said to me, "She must not be much of a science teacher. I thought they taught about a*ssholes in High School".

It wasn't until years later that I realized what a smart man my father is.
I played FB against him in HS and while was a GREAT player, he was an a*sshole without a doubt.

Reaction Score
I played FB against him in HS and while was a GREAT player, he was an a*sshole without a doubt.

You've probably only seen the on the field Dario. He plays like an on the field but is a good kid off it. I went to school with him, I know first hand.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I was referring to Bobby V. I wish I was young enough to play against Highsmith.

Reaction Score
Zordan Holman 6'6" 235lb tight end from Maine? Though I know absolutely nothing about this kid-That's a TARGET!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Have we offered Highsmith or Holman? I don't have a subscription to one of the pay sites that tracks this stuff. Thanks!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Highsmith offered a preferred walk-on spot... Holman offered a scholly

Thanks ktuck911. I wonder if a PWO spot would sway Highsmith from Yale to UCONN. Geez, what terrific options for that young man! Good for him.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am in the thinking they may offer Highsmith this weekend. That is just my thought but why else is he coming on an official visit.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Highsmith would play what, RB? Looks worthy of a schollie. We seem to have a few spaces.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Highsmith would play what, RB? Looks worthy of a schollie. We seem to have a few spaces.

I have heard running back or cornerback which he played as well in high school.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I couldn't be more happier that he is coming to UCONN. Nice to have a Middletown player on the roster plus he was a play maker the past two years in the state of Connecticut.

Go big or go home. He went big. Welcome to UCONN Dario

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom