Danny Green | The Boneyard

Danny Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
About to break ray allens record of 22 three pointers in a playoff series. It seems like alot of UNC players are becoming pretty successful in the NBA (lawson, green, barnes, heck even hansborough has been solid for a playoff team).

Cant wait for our current young crop of nba players to become stars. Kemba would already be there if he was on a different team IMO

Reaction Score
I'd bet a lot of casual NBA observers are like "psh whatever happened to Kemba Walker? He hasn't done anything in the NBA!"

...googles stats...

:eek:

Reaction Score
About to break ray allens record of 22 three pointers in a playoff series. It seems like alot of UNC players are becoming pretty successful in the NBA (lawson, green, barnes, heck even hansborough has been solid for a playoff team).

Cant wait for our current young crop of nba players to become stars. Kemba would already be there if he was on a different team IMO

Ray played very well tonight, and had two 4-point plays.

Reaction Score
records are made to be broken, unfortunatly it looks like a lot of Ray's records will be broken due to more 3 point shooting in todays game, Ray might want to stick around a little longer to keep his career 3 point record going.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
records are made to be broken, unfortunatly it looks like a lot of Ray's records will be broken due to more 3 point shooting in todays game, Ray might want to stick around a little longer to keep his career 3 point record going.

If Ray can play three more years at something close to this years numbers, his three point record could stand for decades. Not many have his work ethic or ability at his age. Most guys start going down much faster much earlier. It's going to take a special human to beat what he has done. Even Miller who is second, fell off much quicker than Ray.

Reaction Score
Danny Green is a great story!! Congrats to him......he looked like a nice college player at UNC with little hope of the NBA and look.....this series has given him an extended career with some nice money for sure!

Reaction Score
Danny Green is a great story!! Congrats to him......he looked like a nice college player at UNC with little hope of the NBA and look.....this series has given him an extended career with some nice money for sure!

Thanks I thought this thread was going to railroad to Ray Allen. This Green kid is living a dream and getting hot at the right time on the biggest of stages. I am glad I decided to check this series out because his play is historic. If you love Ray Allen you will appreciate what this kid is doing, no need to compare him to our HOFer. Green is in the moment and good for him.

Reaction Score
Uconn was looking at D Green and could have gotten him if UNC hadn't pulled the trigger if I remember correctly. He was the 6th man and eventual starter from that UNC team. Good story.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
If Ray can play three more years at something close to this years numbers, his three point record could stand for decades. Not many have his work ethic or ability at his age. Most guys start going down much faster much earlier. It's going to take a special human to beat what he has done. Even Miller who is second, fell off much quicker than Ray.

Steph Curry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Curry could do it, but probably needs 11-12 mostly healthy seasons to get to 3000 (figuring an average of 200 due to natural decline in production as he gets out of his prime). And Ray could go to 3200+ depending on when he hangs them up. You look at a guy like Isiah who ran into a lot of ankle, foot, Achilles problems, and he had to retire at 33 after 12 NBA seasons - Curry is already 25 and through four. If Curry does catch Ray, it is still going to be a very exclusive club they'll both belong to. Maybe someone like Klay Thompson or Brad Beal takes it that level too, but that remains to be seen.

I do think that Curry will be a consensus choice as a better three-point shooter (ie, the best of all time) if he continues to shoot them at a 43-45 percent clip. Ray did have a few inefficient seasons taking a lot of high degree of difficulty threes - fadeaways, off-balance ones, etc.

Reaction Score
Curry could do it, but probably needs 11-12 mostly healthy seasons to get to 3000 (figuring an average of 200 due to natural decline in production as he gets out of his prime). And Ray could go to 3200+ depending on when he hangs them up. You look at a guy like Isiah who ran into a lot of ankle, foot, Achilles problems, and he had to retire at 33 after 12 NBA seasons - Curry is already 25 and through four. If Curry does catch Ray, it is still going to be a very exclusive club they'll both belong to. Maybe someone like Klay Thompson or Brad Beal takes it that level too, but that remains to be seen.

I do think that Curry will be a consensus choice as a better three-point shooter (ie, the best of all time) if he continues to shoot them at a 43-45 percent clip. Ray did have a few inefficient seasons taking a lot of high degree of difficulty threes - fadeaways, off-balance ones, etc.

The one thing about Ray vs Steph is Ray continues to be able to make some despite losing a step or 2 because he's 6'5 and already a great stand alone/spot up shooter......Steph needs to maintain quickness and drive by ability to get to those numbers for along time as his size won't allow a spot up sooting role as he gets older!!

Reaction Score
7163_10151443420802681_1133646853_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member