Daniels still in Boot as of Monday am | The Boneyard

Daniels still in Boot as of Monday am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I posted this the day of the Houston game and have not heard anything since but hopefully the info was bad.

"I don't want to be an alarmist and hope this is bad info but from a reliable source he heard from the AD that DD won't play tonight (not shocking) but that the injury could keep him out potentially very long-term. This is in contrast to what KO said yesterday so I'd lean towards that cause he is the coach and closer to DD then Warde but just relaying what I heard."

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I'm glad he's still wearing it. Even if he thinks he doesn't need to, good to keep the pressure off.

Better to be on the safe side and have him rest an extra week or so than risk having him come back too soon, aggravate it, and be out for multiple weeks again in late Feb/March when we need him most.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I posted this the day of the Houston game and have not heard anything since but hopefully the info was bad.

"I don't want to be an alarmist and hope this is bad info but from a reliable source he heard from the AD that DD won't play tonight (not shocking) but that the injury could keep him out potentially very long-term. This is in contrast to what KO said yesterday so I'd lean towards that cause he is the coach and closer to DD then Warde but just relaying what I heard."
I remember this post and someone asking NG how DD was doing and NG saying it wasn't a bad sprain. So we'll just have to wait to know what the truth is.

Reaction Score
I remember this post and someone asking NG how DD was doing and NG saying it wasn't a bad sprain. So we'll just have to wait to know what the truth is.
I hope that is the truth, we need an aggressive DD down the stretch.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm glad he's still wearing it. Even if he thinks he doesn't need to, good to keep the pressure off.

Better to be on the safe side and have him rest an extra week or so than risk having him come back too soon, aggravate it, and be out for multiple weeks again in late Feb/March when we need him most.
Good. Stay in the boot past the time you need it. A real problem is taking it off too soon. It promotes healing.

Absolutely. There isn't any harm keeping in him in a boot. They are far enough in to the season where he shouldn't be rusty from missing a few full speed practices.

Even if he plays against Cincy, I hope they put him right back in to the boot.

Reaction Score
While it obviously would have been better news if he weren't in the boot, it doesn't surprise me that he is, and it doesn't mean he's unlikely to play.

Didn't Tom Brady wear a walking boot the week before Super Bowl XLII? He obviously played.

We're not going to find out DD's status until 7:04 on Thursday.

Reaction Score
According to Neil Ostrout, Daniels participated in some portions of practice today. No contact though. Will test the ankle again tomorrow.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm sure that even in a walking cast she looked hot.
That's why he's not certain if she was in the walking boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom