Dan Bard | The Boneyard

Dan Bard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. Can this screw up get any MORE epic than this ? Never even dawned on me to check on this situation during the spring. He's not even in AAA, he's down in AA, and busy giving up runs in the season opener to the Yanks AA team.

Good lord.

Reaction Score
Why was he sent to AA instead of AAA?
I am guessing that Bard's biggest problem right now is confidence. They may have sent him to AA in hopes that he can have some success there and build on that. He is not off to a good start. I don't think we should be counting on him for much this year.

When Bard was first signed they tried to make a starter out of him and he was so bad that they considered releasing him. The following year he was made a reliever and he was successful. I think he is somewhat fragile and the best we can ever get out of him is a seventh inning reliever. I don't think he has the mental make-up to be a closer. Sox management really blew it with Daniel. Valentine always thought that making him a starter was a bad idea.

Reaction Score
Daniel Bard has always been a fragile player. I wasn't sure he ever was going to make it to the bigs and honestly I am surprised he lasted as long as he did. We may never see him again.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am guessing that Bard's biggest problem right now is confidence.

It's confidence combined with the fact he blows. I actually saw him the one spring game and he was awful. He basically can't thro a strike unless he grooves right down the pipe. Actually, from what I heard yesterday it could be too much confidence. He's fighting the coaching and still insisting on doing it his way. Going to AA is sending a message.

Reaction Score
He is a mess.

Amazing because showed flashes with Sox and threw 99mph without even grunting....I don't get it.

Reaction Score
He's young! He's young!

At least that's what everyone used to tell me about Kazmir....

Reaction Score
Kazmir had five or so real good years. Among tops of AL in Ks etc.

Bard had a good month.

Would love for Bard to become what Kazmir became....

Reaction Score
Kazmir had five or so real good years. Among tops of AL in Ks etc.

Bard had a good month.

Would love for Bard to become what Kazmir became....
How soon we forget. Bard had three pretty good years with the Sox. From 2009-2011 he pitched exclusively in relief. He had an ERA of 2.87 in 197 innings with 207 K's. Then the Sox decided that he should be a starter. The Yankees did the same thing with Joba.

Reaction Score
Didn't seem like Bard was good for that long....but you are right that is not bad. Not sure how he came off rails so badly without injury.

Joba is a clown. He had one real good month....bugs bit him in Cleveland....Joba rules etc....and that was it....He is a poor man's Alan Embree. But at least Embree was good for a few years.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Daniel is continuing to struggle at Portland. He lost the game last night after a solid effort by Anthony Ranaudo. After three games (three innings) he is 0-1 with and ERA of 12.00 and only one strike out. It's still early but this is not a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom