Damion Lee 5th year transfer | The Boneyard

Damion Lee 5th year transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought a player of this caliber deserved his own thread. Damion Lee is a perfect fit for us, great offensive player who can stroke the three and shoots it near 90% from the line. Was conference freshman of the year, averaged 17 per game as a soph, had 21 points against UCLA as a junior before being injured for the year with a knee injury and was the fifth leading scorer in the nation last season before going out with a hand injury in late February. He's from Baltimore and was teammates with Andre Drummond at St. Thomas More where they won a championship together.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Maryland is going to be extremely tough to beat. Trimble, Lee, Layman, and Stone is an extremely good group.

Reaction Score
Maryland is going to be extremely tough to beat. Trimble, Lee, Layman, and Stone is an extremely good group.
Yeah but we need that guy now! Adams, Lee, Hamilton Brimah and Purvis

Reaction Score
Might he be say..... injury prone?
Blew out his acl on a jump stop last year.....an all city pick in baltimore his senior year....chose drexel because of proximity to home.....thought he would go to a high major.....if he has regained his explosiveness he can play in the bigs.....streaky shooter and tough as nails

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Scuttlebutt is he's a lock for Maryland.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
I love these threads...any time there is a transfer, the BY has a thread dedicated to that player

Reaction Score
I know they aren't the same level of player.. but I remember people getting very excited over a guy like Anthony Lee from Temple - went to Ohio State for a 5th year and barely played, averaged like 3 points.. on a team that didn't have a ton of frontcourt depth to begin with. Damion Lee is obviously a much more explosive scorer and all around player so again, I don't mean to compare but I just feel like it's a crapshoot with these 5th year guys. Will Lee know his place on the team with dham and Purvis dominating the ball in crunchtime (that's what we want, right?).. it may not be as easy as we all think to go from a 21ppg scorer to averaging 10ppg on 8 shots - assuming that's a realistic goal. Lasan couldn't have worked out better for us, but let's remember he knew his role and relished in it. Chemistry was never affected. I think I see a guy like Shonn Miller as a better fit.

Reaction Score
Well I might be in the minority as far as people's place/role on the team, but in crunch time I might favor a 90% foul shooter dominating the ball over a 50% foul shooter if we have a couple point lead. But you would rather have Purvis going to the line?

Reaction Score
valid point.. obviously I would hope Purvis comes back next year shooting better than 50% from the line. But that's no given. It raises an interesting point though, if they're down 1 with 20 seconds to go who's getting the ball? I'd say right now I'm giving it to dham. But to answer your question with respect to Lee vs. Purvis.. and granted I don't know a ton about Lee's game.. it would be hard for me to take the ball out of Purvis' hands. He can create his own shot. And if we're all ready to hand over the Kemba.. Bazz.. Boat keys to him, then that's gotta be his shot to take - maybe with an asterisk that he needs to become a knock down free throw shooter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom