Dallas Region thread: Baylor-FSU and Oregon St-DePaul | The Boneyard

Dallas Region thread: Baylor-FSU and Oregon St-DePaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Really looking forward to these two matchups.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I was looking forward to the Bridgeport regional matchups and DePaul-Beavers. Is just can't get into FSU-Baylor.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In a thread about Baylor a week or so ago I mentioned turnovers. For a top ranked team, Baylor turns the ball over a lot. Five turnovers so far for Baylor helping FSU.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Ob boy Carolyn Peck for the next two games. Goodie goodie. I can just imagine the hype she'll be spinning tonight. How much Baylor and a chance to upset UCONN. And I'm sure she'll be back on the lady Vol Bandwagon. How Diamond has figured it out and saved her best for the big dance. Blah blah blah.

Reaction Score
Florida State, like Kentucky, seems to be the same exact team every year. Athletic, out of control, and questionable decision making.

Baylor is clearly our biggest competition and that was true even with ND/SC still in. A shame this will not be the championship.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Florida State, like Kentucky, seems to be the same exact team every year. Athletic, out of control, and questionable decision making.

Baylor is clearly our biggest competition and that was true even with ND/SC still in. A shame this will not be the championship.

Florida State was simply a better team last year. They were ranked #7 in this year's preseason and have never quite gelled this season, despite returning almost everyone from last year's Elite 8 squad.

Leticia Romero with 7 turnovers in the first half.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow. Out of nowhere Florida State has picked up some momentum. A 3 by Romero just cut the lead to 8.

Reaction Score
FSU has far too much experience to be making the errors they just made the last couple minutes. For example, how do you play an up tempo style and have guards oblivious to their back side? And boy do they just love to body up other teams. Nice body foul 60 feet from the basket to give Baylor free throws with 2 secs left. Had a chance to get it to single digits. Now 14.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Cave providing some good minutes at the post. Davis is really playing well today.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Carolyn Peck quote of the day, as camera showed Mulkey's patented look of astonishment: "Kim doesn't ever like ANY call."

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Florida State's shot selection has been a major deciding factor in this game. So many women's games are won and lost because of shot selection. Oh well.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Congrats to Baylor on a solid win. FSU needed a huge game from both Bulgak and its ensemble of guards to stay close with Baylor. But Bulgak had a miserable game, scoring 5 points and only 1 of 4 from the free throw line. I feel bad for her; she's a great person who's been through a lot.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
DePaul has got the dribbles. Pass the damn thing and don't pass it just to reset. So many teams do this. Dribble, pass, pass back. Congratulations you are 3 feet farther out and have 7 seconds less on the clock!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Carolyn Peck quote of the day, as camera showed Mulkey's patented look of astonishment: "Kim doesn't ever like ANY call."

Do you think she pees a little every time she makes that face?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oregon State, led by Jamie Weisner's 38 points, beats DePaul to set up an Elite 8 matchup vs. Baylor.

Congrats to the Pac-12: Three teams in the Elite 8 is a major coup.

Congrats as well to DePaul on another strong season, and for providing one of the most exciting tournament games so far in upsetting Louisville.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Who wins Baylor or Oregon St? That should be a really good game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Who wins Baylor or Oregon St? That should be a really good game.

I really think Baylor has the edge because they have so many weapons, they are deeper, and they are so dang athletic. Oregon State plays great team basketball, but they can be a bit susceptible to pressure defense.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Florida State's shot selection has been a major deciding factor in this game. So many women's games are won and lost because of shot selection. Oh well.
And men's.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I really think Baylor has the edge because they have so many weapons, they are deeper, and they are so dang athletic. Oregon State plays great team basketball, but they can be a bit susceptible to pressure defense.
I've watched Oregon St a few times and they remind me of an old big east team. They are so gritty. It's a toss up for me I'm not sure who wins although Baylor has looked true to form during the tourney and they likely are much deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom