D. jones video | The Boneyard

D. jones video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He has the body of shaun livingston. Makes me cringe every time he comes down, because I think his legs are just going to snap

Reaction Score
Nice, smooth jumper and has hops. Definitely needs to hit the weights and get into the dairy bar. And his handle is a little loose. Gets the ball to far away from his body.

lets get this kid signed.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Very talented player...better shot-maker than I expected.
I'm not worried about his weight...he appears to have the frame to fill out to a Paul George/Kobe Bryant type of physique. He would look great in a UConn uniform!

Reaction Score
Not sure what to make of this quote. Hard to tell what the tenor and tone of the quote was. Don't like his slobbering over Kentucky though.

Jones could visit a handful of schools in August, including the ones mentioned above, but he did take a trip to Connecticut recently.

"It was good. It was like every other visit," Jones said. "The coaches tell you everything you want to hear because they want you to be at the school. It was just a good visit."

UAA Finals: Schools watch Derrick Jones

Reaction Score
Not sure what to make of this quote. Hard to tell what the tenor and tone of the quote was. Don't like his slobbering over Kentucky though.

Jones could visit a handful of schools in August, including the ones mentioned above, but he did take a trip to Connecticut recently.

"It was good. It was like every other visit," Jones said. "The coaches tell you everything you want to hear because they want you to be at the school. It was just a good visit."

Yeah, not great. I don't think I have ever read a quote from a recruit that downplayed a visit this much.

Reaction Score

Wow that sounds horrendous. Wonder if misconstrued?

Also, what did he say about Kentucky?

Reaction Score

He says the same in this interview but had good things to say about the visit and KO, after watching this I wouldn't take too much from it. The comments about UConn start around the 1:40 mark, I didn't watch the whole thing because the interviewer is terrible.

Reaction Score
His dad had some glowing remarks about UConn and the visit a while back. The kid seems pretty low key so I wouldn't put too much stock in that quote (just my opinion).

Reaction Score
It's easy to misinterpret quotes. My initial reaction to his quote "tell you everything you want to hear" was that the kid was full of himself. You usually hear that sort of thing in a negative context. But, after thinking about it for a moment, he probably just meant that the staff was willing to answer all of his questions.

Reaction Score
Just for perspective, here are some quotes after the visit from DJ's dad:

Derrick Jones Sr. is excited that UConn is recruiting multi-dimensional players.

“Derrick would play really all over,” Jones Sr. said. “[Ollie] is trying to get himself agile players that can be put in places to be successful. The two, the three, the four, you never know. The options are great.”

Jones Sr. praised Ollie for his passionate approach to the team and to recruiting. UConn offered many selling points to Jones, including an emphasis on facilities, personnel, and a “straight to the point” attitude.

“He’s not all about one player,” Jones Sr. said. “It’s about UConn. He made us feel really at home. We’re still going to weigh our options but it’s definitely a school we’re looking at.”

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/derrick-jones-adds-uconn-offer-on-visit-drops-30-at-dyckman-park/

pj

Reaction Score
Love the video. Long, athletic, versatile, gotta believe Jalen Adams and Derrick Jones would have a ton of transition baskets together. I want him.

In the interview, he seemed very positive to UConn. It's a good sign he's aware that he needs to be skeptical about salesmanship from coaches, that gives him a bit of immunity to Calipari/Pitino/Boeheim. Ollie is about as real and straightforward a coach as he'll ever find.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
His dad had some glowing remarks about UConn and the visit a while back. The kid seems pretty low key so I wouldn't put too much stock in that quote (just my opinion).

Yup. Following recruiting is just like eating junk food. You know it's bad for you, you swallow it anyway, and come back for more in the morning still knowing it has no nutritional value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom