Cuse players in the NBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cuse players in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Heed. Take heed. And the point is Syracuse sucks, and Boeheim does a lousy job of developing NBA players.

Has there ever been a Cuse recruit who overachieved in the NBA? There's Carmelo and then there's...yeah, can't think of anybody. The Pearl, Seikaly, Coleman, Moten...all pretty much underachieved. Badly.

Sherman Douglas was a pretty good pro... that's about all I got.

Reaction Score
Boheim's ability to develop NBA talent is as overrated as his 900 wins. You cant really count Carmelo as a player Cuse developed into a star. He would have been this good with or without going to college. Hakim Warrick is the best player Boheim actually developed and he is a role player at his best. Also as for his 900 wins, I would like to see how many of them were against Ithica, Canisus, Niagra, etc up in Syracuse.
It isn't the first objective of any college coach to produce NBA players, it is to win games, conference championships and make final 4s. Overall, Syracuse has been somewhat of a disappointment under Boeheim with only 1 NCC and a limited number of final 4 appearances despite having good players. I really believe it is Boeheim's committment to zone defense that has hurt them. It is difficult to get all the way through the NCAAs playing zone. At some point, a team will pick it apart and outrebound you.
Boeheim is an outstanding coach and no team plays zone better (except possibly Temple under Chaney).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25
Top Bottom