Curt Schilling found a microphione again... | The Boneyard

Curt Schilling found a microphione again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is exactly why I like Curt Schilling and why understandably most people do not. The reasonable thing to do is STFU, its ancient history, personal and something that happens in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse. He is a loudmouth and calls attention to himself.

But...
1. This is interesting stuff
2. It very likely goes on all the time and it does take some guts (with unhealthy dose of ego) to admit it
3. Athletes need to speak out against drug use if they want the culture to change. The first guys to speak out are going to be the dicks like Schilling or Floyd Landis.
4. Even if the story isn't true (and at least 25% chance of that) then at worst Schilling is drawing attention to the fact that this happens, even though he's doing so with himself as an egotistical focal point. True or not ultimately its a useful discussion once you get past any personal dislike
5. Did someone let Dr. Arthur Papas back into the locker room ;)

Reaction Score
This is exactly why I like Curt Schilling and why understandably most people do not. The reasonable thing to do is STFU, its ancient history, personal and something that happens in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse. He is a loudmouth and calls attention to himself.

But...
2. It very likely goes on all the time and it does take some guts (with unhealthy dose of ego) to admit it
3. Athletes need to speak out against drug use if they want the culture to change. The first guys to speak out are going to be the dicks like Schilling or Floyd Landis.
4. Even if the story isn't true (and at least 25% chance of that) then at worst Schilling is drawing attention to the fact that this happens, even though he's doing so with himself as an egotistical focal point. True or not ultimately its a useful discussion once you get past any personal dislike

I call BS....if you're anything but a Red Sox fan this screams even more of an a**wipe than we ALL already know he was/is......the guy's a fn complete idiot.....guessing Viking has his posters on his bedroom wall and there's nothing holding them up except his "love" for the guy....pitiful stuff yet again in an attempt to get himself back in the limelight!!

Reaction Score
Here's where we are in baseball today.

1) If you take PEDs and hide it and lie about it, you're shunned and looked down upon. McGwire, Clemens, Bonds.

2) If you tell the truth and try to show just how bad it is, you're shunned and looked down upon. Schilling, Canseco.

3) if you use PEDs, get caught and admit it? That's fine. Giambi, Pettitte.

I say, good for Schilling (and I don't really like him). He's not selling anything. He has nothing to gain by saying that. The game needs to be cleaned up and it's not happening with everyone lurking around in the dark.

Reaction Score
I call BS....if you're anything but a Red Sox fan this screams even more of an a**wipe than we ALL already know he was/is......the guy's a fn complete idiot.....guessing Viking has his posters on his bedroom wall and there's nothing holding them up except his "love" for the guy....pitiful stuff yet again in an attempt to get himself back in the limelight!!
If Schilling saved your life you'd call him an a**wipe for doing it. You are the most transparent baseball poster on the BY. Do everyone a favor and try to be a tiny bit more objective.

Reaction Score
2) If you tell the truth and try to show just how bad it is, you're shunned and looked down upon. Schilling, Canseco.

Canseco deserves whatever he gets. He was not trying to help, he wanted a payday.

Reaction Score
If Schilling saved your life you'd call him an a**wipe for doing it. You are the most transparent baseball poster on the BY. Do everyone a favor and try to be a tiny bit more objective.

Distant 2nd dude.......compare posts and you'll figure it out real fast. I have plenty of objectivity yours would only be within the Red Sox organization my friend. I've given credit where credit is due, you continuously whine about the Yanks and everything they are. Not the same pal, you are ridiculous!!

Reaction Score

But...
Dr. Papas, now their is malpractice suit waiting to happen. He ruined more than a few careers in Boston (Tim Naering comes to mind). The man was an incompetent quack. It got to the point where players refused to let Pappas operate on them and that is hard to do when he was a owner.
Schilling is kind of a jerk but he does deserve credit for giving his honest opinion.

Reaction Score
Distant 2nd dude.......compare posts and you'll figure it out real fast. I have plenty of objectivity yours would only be within the Red Sox organization my friend. I've given credit where credit is due, you continuously whine about the Yanks and everything they are. Not the same pal, you are ridiculous!!
It appears that something about Viking really pushes your buttons. Sometimes you are just too sweet for your own good Mau and all that sugar can be sickening. :D

Reaction Score

By the way as a side note if he saved my life I would love the man to the bitter end. He must have saved yours or else you just don't know people!

Plus he'd save me from not being able to laugh at your reaction to the bait I throw out there for you in particular!! It's way too fun......;)

Reaction Score

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I don't see where Schilling would have anything to gain by what he said and he apparently reported to Theo who dutifully passed it on to MLB. Also it doesn't appear to have been the Red Sox "brass" who made the suggestion. Sounds like it was an employee who is no longer there. I see no problem with what he said.

I actually heard Craig Carton say "brass". And I don't have a problem with him saying it, either. Especially when he knew whoever said it ain't there anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom