Crowd at Arlington, pro UConn? | The Boneyard

Crowd at Arlington, pro UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you think Wisconsin and Kentucky fans are going to root for UConn in the first game?

Could mean a lot!

Reaction Score
Wisconsin fans might root for us but UK? lol for them is like picking their poison they've lost 3 stright to FL and UConn is looking like 2011 deja vu

Reaction Score
though Kentucky might not like us too well, I gotta believe they would rather play us than Florida. But the SEC usually circles the wagons for other SEC teams...

Reaction Score
SEC fans seem to want the all-SEC game. Plus, I feel like UK would want revenge against Florida.

Reaction Score
They may want one or the other team to win but they won't be using much energy in actually cheering. 95% of the noise will come from Uconn or Florida fans only.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would guess UK fans would root for Florida and vice versa. SEC fans always pull for each other. I wish Badger fans pulled for us because of conference affiliation! :)

Reaction Score
Do you think Wisconsin and Kentucky fans are going to root for UConn in the first game?

Could mean a lot!
After we beat the Cats in Houston, I don't think we will hear any "GO UCONN" shouts from the Kentucky fans.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of seats that go to the other conferences, NCAA admin, sponsors, coaches, etc. And those folks usually back the underdog, especially in a close game.

Watch these fans, usually sitting in the high priced, middle lower sections. Almost all of them have no team colors on, and sit and watch the game with little visible interest, until the end. See which way they turn.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
There are a lot of seats that go to the other conferences, NCAA admin, sponsors, coaches, etc. And those folks usually back the underdog, especially in a close game.

Watch these fans, usually sitting in the high priced, middle lower sections. Almost all of them have no team colors on, and sit and watch the game with little visible interest, until the end. See which way they turn.
So what you're saying is we have to let Florida stay close for the first 35 minutes then we blow them away?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Just about every Uk fan here wants uconn.

They also think theres no way in hell they'll lose to Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
IMO, neutral fans will be rooting for us. I know a lot of people don't like the UConn program, but this team is extremely likable and it will be tough not to pull for the underdog against a team that's won 29 in a row.

Reaction Score
IMO, neutral fans will be rooting for us. I know a lot of people don't like the UConn program, but this team is extremely likable and it will be tough not to pull for the underdog against a team that's won 29 in a row.

Agree... no one wants to see Florida... just like no team wanted to face MICH ST. ... the reality is NO one should want to see U C O N N....

we are going to win.

Reaction Score
The Arena is also going to be an x factor. That is one huge place! I'm glad we have guys who played in the 2011 FF in Houston. Ths space is cavernous. Anyone know from past teams playing there how it affected shooting? If there is a better direction for shooting, etc.?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So what you're saying is we have to let Florida stay close for the first 35 minutes then we blow them away?

Just like against Nova.

Reaction Score
The Arena is also going to be an x factor. That is one huge place! I'm glad we have guys who played in the 2011 FF in Houston. Ths space is cavernous. Anyone know from past teams playing there how it affected shooting? If there is a better direction for shooting, etc.?

I believe Florida played in that building last season in an early season game, so they might have the building advantage if there is one.

Reaction Score
UK fans will root for Florida and the stadium will probably be 50% UK fans with the other 3 making up the other 50%(Wisky will have the 2nd most is my guess)

Reaction Score
UK and UF fans are SEC loyalists but It seems presumptuous to assume UK fans will be wanting the "better" team to win. They want a championship.

I can't see any situation where I'll be pulling for a conference mate to meet us in the final if they are a 1 seed and their opponent is a 7. Just seems like I'd pull for the best scenario for a UConn win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom