Creme on UConn Placement | The Boneyard

Creme on UConn Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My mind literally hurts reading the stupidity of it all.

Freedom of movement? If you really want to clean up the game how about putting common sense back into the NCAA bracketing process? That might help the sport out.

U

UCONNfan1

ND just squeaked past a Maryland team that UCONN beat handily WITHOUT Lewis or Tuck. No offense to the Irish, but I think UCONN could handle ND, even if it were unfair. I doubt ND escapes the ACC unscathed, but even if they have a loss or 2 and don't win the ACC tourney, it would be hard not to give them a 1 seed. UCONN will likely beat L'ville 3 times this season. Put is in Alaska and I still like our chances...

Reaction Score
ND just squeaked past a Maryland team that UCONN beat handily WITHOUT Lewis or Tuck. No offense to the Irish, but I think UCONN could handle ND, even if it were unfair. I doubt ND escapes the ACC unscathed, but even if they have a loss or 2 and don't win the ACC tourney, it would be hard not to give them a 1 seed. UCONN will likely beat L'ville 3 times this season. Put is in Alaska and I still like our chances...

What happened to UConn and Baylor when they tried to beat a team for the 4th time in 1 year in 2011?

And those losses were on neutral floors. We would have to beat a team for a 4th time in 2 months on their home floor if that bracket pans out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

To be fair.. MD is a better team than they were in November... as their injured players from last year are playing better... and their freshman have improved as well. I think their will be a second ND-MD matchup in the ACC semis...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If proximity is so freaking important to the committee then why the hell did they chose three cities in the center of the freaking country to host guaranteeing that no east coast team (and there should be at least 35% of the field from within 100 miles of the east coast) would be near any one of the regional sites or play in its own time zone and the same goes for no 'southern' site. With the choices they made why did they bother choosing a west coast location at all - they could have chosen Chicago instead! The fewest number of teams in the tournament will come from the western/mountain time zones by a wide margin!

Reaction Score
IMHO UCONN can only go to the Nebraska Regional as Stanford, ND, and L'ville are almost guaranteed to be #1 or #2 seeds so why would the committee put the BEST team with those teams and get one Final 4 contender eliminated? The only logical place for UCONN is Nebr. even if UCONN is closer to L'ville!
Stanford #1 & TN #2
ND #1 & Baylor #2
Duke#1 & L'ville #2
UCONN #1 & MD #2 at Nebr.
Some of the teams fighting for seeds #3 and #4 are: PSU, Mich. St., Calif., TXa&m, ISU, Nebr., NCarSt., No.Car., Ariz.St., & FSU. So.Car., Vandy, WVU, OK.St, Ky.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
To be fair.. MD is a better team than they were in November... as their injured players from last year are playing better... and their freshman have improved as well. I think their will be a second ND-MD matchup in the ACC semis...
Back then we were told MD was better than they were last year because they had Gray. Same old same old.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The whole thing is idiotic. However it pans out, some teams (and fans) are going to be furious and UConn well may be one of them.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
To be fair, UCONN beat them handily without Tuck AND Mosqueda-Lewis. Even tho we are without Tuck for the year, I think MoJett is even better than she was in the 1st half of the season and getting KML back to 100% would make for a very "unpretty" game if we were to face Maryland again. Let's see how those teams do vs. Duke. I think we just squeaked by them so that will give us an indication of where those teams stand with regards to UCONN.. ;)

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
T be fair, UCONN beat them handily without Tuck AND Mosqueda-Lewis. Even tho we are without Tuck for the year, I think MoJett is even better than she was in the 1st half of the season and getting KML back to 100% would make for a very "unpretty" game if we were to face Maryland again. Let's see how those teams do vs. Duke. I think we just squeaked by them so that will give us an indication of where those teams stand with regards to UCONN.. ;)

I had to reread that twice to see who you were referring to as "we".. .. that was a low blow :oops:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
??????????
Yeah, sorry about that it was someone else. Duyke was suppose to be better, too. I comflated the two. I guess it was Mincy I was thinking of.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yeah, sorry about that it was someone else. Duyke was suppose to be better, too. I compounded the two.

Duke is better this year..... just not against UCONN :oops:

Reaction Score
Charlie failed to say that 2 seeds are also by rule placed geographically in order of rank. With Louisville staying home, the ranking of the 3 remaining 2's will determine their placement. The committee has also put conference foes into the same regional as 1's and 2's often enough that it can be assumed they will do it to UConn and Louisville. If Charlie is following that rule then he has SC a higher 2 than Tenn since if Tenn was the highest of the 3 two seeds they would go to South Bend (the closest site). And in the event Louisville dropped to a 3 seed the LV's would go to Louisville as it is the closest site. So it is within the realm of possibility that UConn, Tenn & Louis could be the same regional.

The NCAA's focus on increasing interest in wcbb this year would imply that they would want the most anticipated match up to have a chance of occurring. Of course they would want the game to happen at the FF but Tenn's failure to advance that far has flattened that souffle for several years. The Yum is easily the largest venue of the 4 regionals. All the planets are aligned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01