Crazy Gas Monkey, UConn stuff I found……. | The Boneyard

Crazy Gas Monkey, UConn stuff I found…….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay everyone read this below and let's talk about this…….wild stuff for those Gas Monkey fans:

http://nypost.com/2014/04/17/holy-grail-of-muscle-cars-found-by-discovery-host-in-conn-garage/

That's the Morris Mountain selling those 2 old Firebirds (first 2 ever built) to Richard Rawlings and Chuck is wearing a freakin "UK" hat in the damn picture………c'mon Chuck you left UK for the NC champion Huskies - you need to represent……….he made some cash on some old "junk" in his garage it would seem though huh? Chuck could have easily held out for 100K or more………and probably done that with a UConn hat on!

Reaction Score
I do like Fast N Loud and had Firebird, Formula's and Trans Am's growing up so my wife saw this and sent it…….she had no idea of the UConn connection…..the shows air the 21st and 28th I will be watching………

Plus for those of you who aren't sure about these kind of shows, Richard Rawlings is actually a funny dude!!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Chuck was the largest human I had ever seen when I first arrived on campus.

The show needs to show more working on cars, and less Rawlings wearing costumes. Although I do like how he gets his ass handed to him every time he brings a car to auction.

Reaction Score

The show needs to show more working on cars, and less Rawlings wearing costumes. Although I do like how he gets his ass handed to him every time he brings a car to auction.

I kind of like it the way it is………there's enough working on cars shows, this has some comedy, some nice muscle car theme to it and yeah, he does lose some $$$$ at auctions sometimes……..wonder how the new bar is doing for him?

And Chuck looks like he's in great shape for a 50 plus dude who was a weight lifting looking hoopster!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

He used to arm wrestle two guys at once. I just wish he would have gotten his ass under the boards and grabbed a few more rebounds instead of having Corny carry the entire load.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
It'll be great to see the Morris Mountain on TV. The Kentucky hat is a bit upsetting. I realize he went there for a bit, but it's not where he finished.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It'll be great to see the Morris Mountain on TV. The Kentucky hat is a bit upsetting. I realize he went there for a bit, but it's not where he finished.

The Chuckster did win a national title at Kentucky during his freshman season there.

Reaction Score
He wanted Hall to run the offense through him.

I do have to admit the Big Chuck had a great 10-12 foot banker in his arsenal just didn't mix it up as much as many would have liked for his size!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Nice, that show is cool when they discuss cars. Not so much when they show Richard goofing off about nothing.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
The Chuckster did win a national title at Kentucky during his freshman season there.
I think he averaged 11 ppg his last year at UK. We thought we were getting an All-American when he transferred. Oh, well....

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
I'm sad to say, Chuck is dead to me. The show opens and he says he played at Kentucky, the Golden State Warriors and in Europe. No UCONN. Let me state clearer, he mentioned the Golden State Warriors before UCONN. He's no longer a Husky to me.

Reaction Score
I'm sad to say, Chuck is dead to me. The show opens and he says he played at Kentucky, the Golden State Warriors and in Europe. No UCONN. Let me state clearer, he mentioned the Golden State Warriors before UCONN. He's no longer a Husky to me.

Heard that……Chuck is officially a big worthless piece of crap……….in case he forgot he left Kentucky for UConn and guess he also didn't know at the time UK last to UConn AGAIN…..d**k

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Biggest stiff in UConn sports history. Literally and figuratively.

Reaction Score
I was back in CT. This past summer and ran into his wife, she said he was going to be on this tv show about cars and that it was a lot of fun for him. She said it's portrayed as a reality show but it's totally scripted, don't really know Chuck but his wife is a sweetheart.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I remember being in line behind him at the Putnam dining hall, and I was about shoulder blade high. I that Mark Corea was behind me. I was in pretty decent shape in college, but I was like a toddler compared to those guys.
That's disappointing.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
I passed the article link on to one of the "On the Fly" guys at the Courant. Hopefully they admonish him in tomorrow's Courant.

Reaction Score
Did Chuck work for the state of Connecticut and did his son go on to recently play for Notre Dame?

I might be confusing him with someone else.

Either way, he is totally dead to me as he has COMPLETELY FAILED to recognize that his degree is from UCONN and not UK.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To be fair, he won a ring with KY. Then quit on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom