Courant article: Omar Calhoun, Phil Nolan Learn Quickly At UConn | The Boneyard

Courant article: Omar Calhoun, Phil Nolan Learn Quickly At UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its going to take me some time adjusting to the fact there is another Calhoun on the team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who says you can't teach height? Not Jim Calhoun.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

very nice

Reaction Score
It said in another article he was measured at 6-5. JC seems to always say players heights w/ shoes. Sometimes the shoes seem to have heels on them...

Reaction Score
It said in another article he was measured at 6-5. JC seems to always say players heights w/ shoes. Sometimes the shoes seem to have heels on them...
Players' listed heights are with shoes. Been that way for as long as I can remember. Now whether JC exaggerates them into platform shoes, well I'm not sure about that.

Reaction Score
why calhoun(coach) quotes any numbers regarding players height and weight it's more of gut feeling than a reference to actual measurement.

Reaction Score
Mr Erving was recruited to Umass as a 6-2 guard and a few years later emerged as 6-6 Dr. J!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Until the roster is released and the players' heights and weights are announced, assume the guards are 5'8" and the forwards and centers are all 6'4"...that way, you won't be disappointed.

UConn's official numbers are usually very good. The head coach's unofficial numbers are usually off the duck*ing wall.

I am still waiting for the 182 pounds Khalid cumulatively lost over three years to some how walk out of the locker room as a fully realized new person. Or perhaps the extra matter was absorbed by Ajou Deng when he gained 38 pounds of muscle every offseason. Or perhaps Jim Calhoun isn't very good with numbers.

Who knows how he used to come up with them.

JC - "Wow! Khalid looks great!"

Dave Leitao - "That's Ricky Moore."

JC - "Kid must lost 40 pounds! Lookit them guns!"

Dave - "That's Ricky, Jim."

JC - "Hey, Chardis! Look at that! Khalid lost 40 pounds!"

Phil Chardis - "But, coach, that's Ricky....ah, duck* it. I'm writing it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors