Could We Stop With the Pure Stupidity Please | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Could We Stop With the Pure Stupidity Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can't speak for the size of Michigan's corners as I don't follow their program but I do know that Hadley, Williams & Summers (the three corners who were on the field for the bulk of our defensive plays) are not the specimens that Wreh-Wilson and Gratz were. While I believe each has positives, they do not appear to have the physicality to play press coverage (which the announcer continually stated they should) and considering the size of BYU's receivers this could have been a recipe for disaster.

To me the bigger issue is they don't generate enough pressure. Press coverage falls apart pretty quickly when someone has all day to throw.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Bingo - and we don't appear to blitz often so man press doesn't work without the pressure on the qb.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
This I agree with. The defensive strategy to me is simple keep everything in front of you and make them go the whole field to score. It worked despite tons of yards they missed a FG, and we blocked a FG, and led 10-7, late in 3rd quarter.

Our offense while better is still bad. Shirrefs while better is in experienced and learning. The OL especially in the interior are struggling. The tackles while better than the interior still whiff or miss assignments too often. It is a multi year process, your right, and were still trending in the right direction.
I just hope Shirreffs isn't learning bad habits playing behind this line. he's got decent pocket instincts but we've already seen some happy feet. gotta keep him upright and gotta prevent him from regressing.

Reaction Score
Explain to me Willie, imbecile? You think this team is any good? Really?

Post of the year, yes, this team sucks.

post of the year candidate

it's hard to get so many things wrong with so few words, quite an accomplishment

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Shut your trap, troll.

Reaction Score
Haha. You're dumb. You have to live with that outside of a message board. Aren't you late for your shift @ Walmart. Did you go to UConn Storrs?

Shut your trap, troll.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

the internet gives this one a voice I can only surmise he doesn't have in real life

seems like some drunk at the bar, loud, incoherent, obnoxious, and very proud to show off his ignorance

as for the team, they're improving and they were very competitive in two OOC road games against quality opponents, those are the facts

and that's what the optimism is all about, I'm going to suggest Comprehension 101, but only if they offer it at 2 PM when you're waking up from your drunken stupor

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Read the post where he doesn't think anyone with a buttcrack should criticize a coach anonymously. Be sure to post your drivers license before you are critical of coaching in the future.

This is a message board so we post anonymous opinions that are sometimes unfairly critical. That lumps us,in with about 100 percent of team sports message boards.
Ya' all - I thought we should have blitzed a hair more and played tighter in Secondary.

That's on the Head Coach and the D Coordinator.

Sincerely,

image.jpg

Reaction Score
I look forward to you defending the opinions of Dan Patrick all basketball season. I've started the popcorn now because I am going to need a lot of it.
Announcers who cover football for living have legitimate opinions. The OP said that anyone who disagreed with Diaco defensive game plan has a opinion that is "pure stupidity." Ergo the OP was wrong. I fail to see anything unreasonable about that logic.

Your defense of a defensive game plan that gave up 30 points and 540 yards of offense, when BYU was shut out the previous week by a different game plan, doesn't really rock the world.

Reaction Score
Announcers who cover football for living have legitimate opinions. The OP said that anyone who disagreed with Diaco defensive game plan has a opinion that is "pure stupidity." Ergo the OP was wrong. I fail to see anything unreasonable about that logic.

Your defense of a defensive game plan that gave up 30 points and 540 yards of offense, when BYU was shut out the previous week by a different game plan, doesn't really rock the world.
I'm not defending anything. Please refrain from making a strawman, as big a grown-in reflex as it has clearly become for you.

I'm just taking your point to a logical conclusion so as to laugh at you. You're really on a Waylon level of making yourself look stupid.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nice to see we've stopped pure stupidity and now have approached impure stupidity!

It was obvious from the moment businesslawyer created this thread the reaction would be pages of flaming.

So biz the short answer to your title is nope! Furthermore the thread you created was purely stupid!

As an aside I have a neighbor who has no problem repeatedly discussing her life. She's on her fourth husband and every one of them has been a narcissistic abuser. And although she doesn't describe her father in negative terms (she "adored him) every guy she married had some negative manifestations of her father (alcoholism, philandering, self absorbtion to the detriment of the family, physical and/or emotional abuse)! She epitomizes the inability to refrain from "stupidity". And she carries it over politically. Can you guess which candidate for president she absolutely adores?

Reaction Score
I'm not defending anything. Please refrain from making a strawman, as big a grown-in reflex as it has clearly become for you.

I'm just taking your point to a logical conclusion so as to laugh at you. You're really on a Waylon level of making yourself look stupid.

Unless I missed your sarcasm (which I didn't) about Dan Patrick, then you were were comparing Patrick to the BYU game announcers. Since the game announcers thought the defensive game plan was poor, the opposite of the OP, then you were defending the position of the original poster.

So there was no straw man. You were defending the OP and this position that the game plan was beyond criticism. Period.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Unless I missed your sarcasm (which I didn't) about Dan Patrick, then you were were comparing Patrick to the BYU game announcers. Since the game announcers thought the defensive game plan was poor, the opposite of the OP, then you were defending the position of the original poster.

So there was no straw man. You were defending the OP and this position that the game plan was beyond criticism. Period.

The headline of the OP explicitly asked you not to post but you did anyway.

Reaction Score
I'll try this.

We aren't Michigan's Defense. We aren't Don Brown's D at UConn as Wreh-Wilson & Gratz are far different than the players we have today.

It's hard - for me - to see the basic point on this thread: 12 minutes to go, they've scored 13 & lead by 3. I'd take that sight unseen of the early 48 playing minutes & I don't care too much of the yardage. We can't play a Defense in which we don't have the correct personnel. We lack the speedy DEs that have given us some pressure as we have had in some past years. The fact that Diaco, before he signed his offer acceptance, was certain of targeting a specific D design tells you that we've not quick prioritized this other Defense. We might win games like this in the future. I bet we win it because our Offense has better Line play & playmakers. Game announcers or whomever, we are not playing Michigan press.

Offense is a concern. I do think it is important that Shireffs not regress & not get gunshy. He's getting too much stuff in his face. And I'm not sure how this changes.

Reaction Score
Agree with Pudge. This defense is not nearly as talented as the '12 team. We don't have edge speed, the LB play is not nearly that of Sio and Yawin, and while the safeties are probably better, the corners are not multi-season NFL'ers (not yet anyway). We did blitz a little against BYU, but Stewart for one could never get there. I think Diaco and staff have done a nice job with this defense.......and these guys will hit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom