Could have lost by 20 but should have won.... | The Boneyard

Could have lost by 20 but should have won....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if we didn't take so many dumb 3's. Cincy is an awful offensive team but we bailed them out. Calhoun should have been on the bench and Giffey in his place. Evans had to play because needed 2nd ball handler but Calhoun was off today, no reason for him to be in. Good effort just stupid game plan...Cincy handed us the game on a silver platter.

Reaction Score
We showed a lot of heart not to fold in the second half -- like against Georgetown. Also like against Georgetown, we didn't make enough of the plays we needed to down the stretch.

The should-have-been and-1 on Boat's drive would have helped too.

Reaction Score
We didn't fold but Giffey barely saw the floor in the 2nd half....he was needed. He should have played for Calhoun...I like OC but he was having a bad game. I just don't like throwing games away against lesser opponents.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UConn shoots a lot of threes. They make more than any team in the conference. Theres going to be days when they dont fall.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
We didn't fold but Giffey barely saw the floor in the 2nd half....he was needed. He should have played for Calhoun...I like OC but he was having a bad game. I just don't like throwing games away against lesser opponents.

Giffey hurt his finger early in the 2nd half. That's why he didn't come back in.

Reaction Score
UConn shoots a lot of threes. They make more than any team in the conference. Theres going to be days when they dont fall.
Ofcourse...but we didn't need them today, they weren't falling (especially for Calhoun), so why waste possesions. We had success going to the basket, getting fouled.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I hate seeing boxscores like Omar's - 1-7 FG, 1-6 3FG.

On some of his attempts, I almost expect to see Calhoun running out of the stands to call one of those halfcourt timeouts.

Still something of an amazing team. No idea how they go into these games so undermanned and just will themselves towards the finish.

Reaction Score
Still something of an amazing team. No idea how they go into these games so undermanned and just will themselves towards the finish.
No question....just hope they can gut out 1 more & get to 20 wins. If Bazz makes 1 of the last 2 games I like our chances.
Can with both without him but this team is undermanned and running on fumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom