Congrats to the Field Hockey team. No 1 again. | The Boneyard

Congrats to the Field Hockey team. No 1 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Awesome job! Took Nancy Stevens 30+ years to win her first and than she wins another!

And with all those freshman and sophomores they are going to be in the hunt for more and more!

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I watched the whole thing and I don't think I'll ever understand the rules. I also had the women's basketball game on mute. I figured a NC game trumps a regular season game any day, but I wanted to be able to peek over once in a while.

Reaction Score
I watched the whole thing and I don't think I'll ever understand the rules. I also had the women's basketball game on mute. I figured a NC game trumps a regular season game any day, but I wanted to be able to peek over once in a while.
they have to have the most bizarre rules in any sport

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Awesome job by the field hockey team! Back to back national championships is doubly sweet. Beating Syracuse? Well, that's just icing on the cake.

Well done, ladies!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
b2b.png

Reaction Score

I did the exact same thing. National championships are such a rarity. As I recall, the last time UConn Field Hockey won a NC, so did the men's and women's basketball teams. There is a beautiful symmetry to all of that.

Reaction Score
Here's the popup that comes before accessing uconnhuskies.com (the black on top is just me covering up my favorites :p)

walhcl.jpg

Reaction Score
I did exactly the same, and admit it--we have no lives.:eek:

Reaction Score
Two straight national championships for UConn field hockey. Excellent! That also means two straight years where they beat an ACC team to win it. The ACC year in and year out is by far the strongest college field hockey conference around, so they must be steamed. Of course, they could solve that problem by inviting the Huskies into the conference.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Little know fact - the first ever woman championship in the NCAA was in field hockey and was won by none other than your University of Connecticut Huskies. UConn has a pretty unique niche in woman's sports history 4 Field Hockey NCAA championships (including the first ever) and I understand we have won a few in woman's basketball as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Little know fact - the first ever woman championship in the NCAA was in field hockey and was won by none other than your University of Connecticut Huskies. UConn has a pretty unique niche in woman's sports history 4 Field Hockey NCAA championships (including the first ever) and I understand we have won a few in woman's basketball as well.

I knew that little known fact. The game was on the UConn campus, at Memorial Stadium. I was walking by, saw the game going on, and stopped to watch it. To this day it remains the only field hockey game I ever saw in person.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I knew that little known fact. The game was on the UConn campus, at Memorial Stadium. I was walking by, saw the game going on, and stopped to watch it. To this day it remains the only field hockey game I ever saw in person.
Same here. I was walking by with my roomate, which prompts the question - "Ed is that you?"

Reaction Score
Congrats on winning the title. Regardless of the sport, it is always a great accomplishment to say for that particular year you were the best at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom