Congrats Johnny Mac | The Boneyard

Congrats Johnny Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The kid stepped up last year as our starting QB and gave his all. He was the centerpiece of a pretty phenomenal youtube video that doubled as a UConn advertisement. He loses the starting job and never complained once, consummate team player. I'm happy for the kid - had a big TD pass in 2OT to help us pull this one out.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Would love to see him lead us to a bowl berth next week (assuming Whitmer is out).

Reaction Score
Very nearly lost the game in OT1, but luckily he threw the pass amongst so many UL players that no single one could come away with the INT. Good for him, but if Chandler is out for Cincy we have no shot.

Reaction Score
Very nearly lost the game in OT1, but luckily he threw the pass amongst so many UL players that no single one could come away with the INT. Good for him, but if Chandler is out for Cincy we have no shot.

Not sure why you would say that. I believe Whitmer is the better passer, but he hasn't exactly been consistent, especially in the TO department. The Cincy game will be won or lost based on the D.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of the relief job Drew Bledsoe did in Pitt (Jan '02) when Brady went down with ankle. Great job, saved the season for the Pats.

As one who was a critic last year,I am proud of what he did today. I don't ever believe that a good BCS program should have a walk on starting at QB - or even second in line off the bench, but for today he threw better than CW did in the second half. And today he was a warrior and a pretty cool customer too.

He did himself proud and did the same for UConn too. He has always been a quality kid and a good teammate. Never more than today.

Great job JM and good luck if it's you next week and thanks if it's not.

Reaction Score

I totally disagree. A weeks practice vs throwing him in cold makes a huge difference. I guess he was expected to make zero mistakes. There hasn't been a huge difference between the 2 QB's and although I recognize Whitmer has some advantages he also has some disadvantages.

Reaction Score
Really...I mean really? Nevermind...please carry on.

Really? Yeah, he really threw it into 3-4 Louisville defenders before we kicked the first FG. He was 2/7 for 20 yards. Let's not get too excited. I'd rather see McCummings out there tbh.

Reaction Score
Really? Yeah, he really threw it into 3-4 Louisville defenders before we kicked the first FG. He was 2/7 for 20 yards. Let's not get too excited. I'd rather see McCummings out there tbh.
Whitmer is lucky the Louisville DB's can't catch or he would have had 3 or 4 int's. I thought he had one of his worst games of the season.

Reaction Score
Whitmer is lucky the Louisville DB's can't catch or he would have had 3 or 4 int's. I thought he had one of his worst games of the season.

Our secondary dropped 3 as well...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Johnny Mac wasn't that great with the swing pass last year. He stuck it right in there in the clutch in OT. Good for him.

Reaction Score
I found it very odd that our coaches utilize the Wildcat when Whitmer is playing but never used it after Whitmer went down. That 2nd and two in the 4th quarter was made for the Wildcat

I'd rather see McCummings out there tbh.

Reaction Score
I still cringe every time he's under center, but he played with composure when it counted. That is a sign of maturity. Now hopefully in 2nd halfs Whitmer can start showing signs of composure. He had happy feet, but when your constantly getting smashed I guess it's understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom