Conference Standings (ACC, B1G, SEC, PAC12, BIG12) | The Boneyard

Conference Standings (ACC, B1G, SEC, PAC12, BIG12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
As we head into the last weekend of the regular season the conference standings in the Power Conferences is probably not what many thought would be at the beginning of the season. As I had stated in the beginning of the season the conferences would be interesting as there could be some surprise teams.

Take a look at each conference and their top 4 seeds as of today.

Is it what you thought in the preseason?

ACC

1. Notre Dame
2. Florida State
3. Louisville
4. Syracuse

**I for one didn't see anyone but ND finishing in the top of the ACC in the preseason. Yet the Seminoles, Conference Crashing Cardinals and Syracuse are at the top. Syracuse is done for the season so the matchup with North Carolina and Duke on Sunday is of importance. Syracuse beat NC in the head to head match up.

B1G

1. Maryland
2. Iowa
3. Northwestern
4. Ohio State

**Yes! Northwestern and Ohio State. The same Ohio State team that has about 7 players! Where did Northwestern come from?? Where is Rutgers?

SEC

1. South Carolina
2. Tennessee
3. Mississippi State
4. TAMU

**Mississippi State is the surprise here. TAMU has lost its PG so they could get upset in the conference tourney depending on final seeding.

PAC12

1. Oregon State
2. Arizona State
3. California
4. Stanford

**The Cardinal are #4!! Oregon State is NOT a surprise to me. ASU however is. Charli Turner Thorne has done a good job this season.

BIG12

1.Baylor
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas/Oklahoma State/Iowa State/TCU (4 way tie)

**Big12 conference is interesting to look at as only one team has a losing record and there is a 4 way tie for 3rd heading into the weekend. Should sort it self out this weekend.

Love this time of the year!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Rutgers gave Coach Stringer a 4 year contract extension last year. At the time it didn't make sense to me and it doesn't make sense today. They should have cut ties with Stringer and gotten a young dynamic coach. At least they''re not paying her a million dollars a year. Still $700,000 is a great salary. http://www.dailytargum.com/article/...includes-700000-salary-achievement-incentives
The problem is figuring out the right young dynamic coach. As to Rutgers, they were trending to #3 in the B1G before a thrashing from Northwestern (not a surprise to me) and a WTF loss to Michigan State. Now heading to a #5 or #6. Also, the best center is injured (day to day), one of the most prolific scorers is slumping (Scaife) and Canty never returned to form after her knee injury earlier this year. So a team with limited offensive weapons is struggling now.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Is it what you thought in the preseason?

ACC

1. Notre Dame
2. Florida State
3. Louisville
4. Syracuse

Notre Dame yes and Florida State top 4; Syracuse no and Louisville unknown. Expected UNC and Duke, like many others to be in there. Really like Florida State, by the way.

B1G

1. Maryland
2. Iowa
3. Northwestern
4. Ohio State

Maryland and Iowa, yes. Expected Ohio State next year and while I knew Northwestern was much improved, not top 4. Yes, I expected Rutgers in there, and we almost were. I do not like Maryland, and their coach even less, but you have to respect what they have done.

SEC

1. South Carolina
2. Tennessee
3. Mississippi State
4. TAMU

I'm not sold on Mississippi State, gaudy record based on not-so-much. In or out of conference. The other 3 I expected. If you asked me, I think I expected Georgia instead of Mississippi State.

PAC12

1. Oregon State
2. Arizona State
3. California
4. Stanford

OK, I would never have guessed the order. But that these are the top 4 teams in the PAC, yep. Washington is a bit of a comer and I'm still waiting for UCLA or USC to do something.

BIG12

1.Baylor
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas/Oklahoma State/Iowa State/TCU (4 way tie)

**Should sort it self out this weekend. Yes, but they all do have 2 games to play. No surprises there, except TCU which has a new coach; I might have expected WVU to be in the mix.

Love this time of the year! Sure Do!!

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Oregon State wraps up the PAC12 regular season title with a convincing win over California, 73-55!

Bad news......

They will likely get Stanford in the PAC12 semis!

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
And things get even more bizarre in the BIG12!

Oklahoma beat conference #1 Baylor in the beginning of the week and loses to last place Kansas tonite!

As of now

1. Baylor
2. Oklahoma
3. Iowa State/TCU/Oklahoma State

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Very interesting to look at. And does this maybe point to the 'down' nature of this year - certainly schools are crashing the league party, but I get the sense it is more a level of mediocrity of the old order rather than great improvement in at least some of the newcomers.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Ohhhh what a day can make.......

ACC

1. Notre Dame
2. Florida State
3. Louisville
4. Duke

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
B1G

1. Maryland
2. Iowa
3. Ohio State
4. Northwestern

This is the one I'm most shocked about! Ohio State and Northwestern! WOW!

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
SEC

1. South Carolina
2. Tennessee
3. Mississippi State
4. LSU

LSU was at the bottom of the standings before the conference started and Nikki Caldwell was listed on the "coaching hot seat" in the beginning of the season. Yet she finishes strong and the Tigers are a #4 seed in the SEC tourney. Mississippi State at #3. No TAMU or Kentucky or Vanderbilt which are usually mainstays at the top of the conference.

Reaction Score
Under SEC rules South Carolina and Tennessee are regular season co-champions. The head to head results will be used for tournament seeding only.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Volup1 said:
Under SEC rules South Carolina and Tennessee are regular season co-champions. The head to head results will be used for tournament seeding only.

Yes. South Carolina seeded #1 and Tennessee #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom