Commit number 13- Justice Pettus-Dixon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Commit number 13- Justice Pettus-Dixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Well, looks like I can unfollow somebody on Twitter now.

Reaction Score
When you get kids to "commit" so early in this process this is gonna happen. Don't be shocked to see a few more do the same now that senior seasons are in the books and bigger programs take notice of kids who performed well. This is why following recruiting is ridiculous. When they sign their Letter of Intent, I'll care more about who they are.
Following recruiting is not ridiculous. It's part of the game. Part of the up an down roller coaster as a fan. But if you think it is ridiculous, Don't bother caring, commenting or saying anything until they sign as you mention.

Reaction Score
Every single school has multiple decommitments.

The key is to prevent an avalanche of them.

I remember the Justin Forsett recruitment. The kid held out to the end with barely any other D1 offer because someone was talking to him about having an offer for him at the very end. He never committed. Then Cal came through right before signing day. A lot of these 3 star kids are being told something is going to turn up for them eventually.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Welcome to the world of recruiting. It's fun to follow, but getting too attached to these kids is like talking to women on the internet -- you never know when it'll end up being real.

Reaction Score
Bummer. I thought he and Garland could be special together in years to come. Best of luck to him. Next man up.

Reaction Score
If the grammar is dreadful does it still count?

I'm not the biggest grammar nazi, but I really wanted to believe that this tweet was just a case of spastic auto-correct.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Lets look on the bright side of this - we still have a player at CB in the young man from Illinois - and this opens another spot up for a young man who wants to come in, compete, possibly start right away, LOVE FOOTBALL and most importantly wants to be a Husky.

Kids change their mind, it is what it is, this is not that big of a deal.

I see a QB in our future - someone with some recruit knowledge - Who will it be!?!?!

Reaction Score
While ALL SCHOOLS have decommits, when you have a PUTRID season, and I truly mean PUTRID / AWFUL, don;t be surprised when TALENTED players, with many available choices, go to better / more successful programs.

We NEED A GREAT SEASON DESPERATELY to put some shine on this program.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Actually three with Davis coming in early. My hope one other will come in early to free up another ship for 2015

Actually, it is 3 regardless since Pettus-Dixon's decommitment leaves 22 commits left. 4, if Diaco wants to take advantage of Davis coming in early as you mentioned.

Reaction Score
Committed to Towson today.

NextLevel_chief @JusticePD_3 · 14m14 minutes ago
I would like to announce that i am officially committed to the university of Towson
1f42f.png
1f43e.png
#NexTUp15

Reaction Score
@UCFBfan

What is your problem? I am passionate and hopeful about the future of this program I enjoy following recruiting and the commitments that come with each and every class. Yet some are so quickly to chide ones enthusiasm for a particular commitment or recruit when thinking about the future. That's what the bone yard is for. Especially when you have a 2013,2014, 2015 etc recruiting thread and thinking about the upcoming year. To have some say it is "ridiculous" to count current commitments in future plans when looking at depth chart and the roster is not fair.

As to my comment. How does anything I said make me a dick? Following recruiting is not ridiculous. You yourself follow it for even reading and replying in such a thread. Therefore that would make you ridiculous as well. But ok. If you don't care until they sign, then don't check in, don't comment and "don't care" until signing day. Thank you.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Ouch. This one hurts. Losing a commitment to a FCS school?? We could use some quality depth at DB too.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I would have been alright with NC State or Maryland, using the "closer to home" reason. But Towson? I know there are a considerable number of Rob Ambrose fan club members on this board but I"m not one of them. One of Diaco's strengths when he was hired was recruiting reputation.

Unless we have another kid lined up, I'm bummed. The day is here that we're losing kids to FCS schools. I wish the kid the best but as a UCONN fan, this one feels like a kick to the scrotum.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I would have been alright with NC State or Maryland, using the "closer to home" reason. But Towson? I know there are a considerable number of Rob Ambrose fan club members on this board but I"m not one of them. One of Diaco's strengths when he was hired was recruiting reputation.

Unless we have another kid lined up, I'm bummed. The day is here that we're losing kids to FCS schools. I wish the kid the best but as a UCONN fan, this one feels like a kick to the scrotum.

We didn't lose Pettus-Dixon to an FCS school. We lost him to the allure of playing at home. Pettus-Dixon is from Baltimore, the same city where Towson University is located. If he wanted to play at home, then it doesn't get any closer than that.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to the young man. Wants to play close to home and actually means it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
@UCFBfan

What is your problem? I am passionate and hopeful about the future of this program I enjoy following recruiting and the commitments that come with each and every class. Yet some are so quickly to chide ones enthusiasm for a particular commitment or recruit when thinking about the future. That's what the bone yard is for. Especially when you have a 2013,2014, 2015 etc recruiting thread and thinking about the upcoming year. To have some say it is "ridiculous" to count current commitments in future plans when looking at depth chart and the roster is not fair.

As to my comment. How does anything I said make me a dick? Following recruiting is not ridiculous. You yourself follow it for even reading and replying in such a thread. Therefore that would make you ridiculous as well. But ok. If you don't care until they sign, then don't check in, don't comment and "don't care" until signing day. Thank you.
My problem is posters, you in particular, telling people where and when they should comment. I am not gonna say more on it other than that. You have done it to multiple posters on this board and honestly, I find it obnoxious. Be as passionate as you want but don't tell people what to do or when to post.

As for this kid, I wish him the best of luck. Recruiting is not an easy thing to follow and I try and stay away from it. Glad the kid has found somewhere closer to home and I wish him all the best.

Time to move on to finding kids who wanna wear UConn blue and white and help rebuild this program.

Reaction Score
My problem is posters, you in particular, telling people where and when they should comment. I am not gonna say more on it other than that. You have done it to multiple posters on this board and honestly, I find it obnoxious. Be as passionate as you want but don't tell people what to do or when to post.
Enlighten me. It seems you were sensitive to my comments. You commented on some, me in particular apparently following recruiting, by saying following recruiting is ridiculous, yet you're here following it. I did not tell you where nor when you should comment. If I did. Share and I will acknowledge my wrong doings for sharing, my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom