Commit #9 - Nazir Williams | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Commit #9 - Nazir Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can we have ONE thread that doesn't devolve into a discussion of the star system and recruiting in general? Oy vay!

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Can we have ONE thread that doesn't devolve into a discussion of the star system and recruiting in general? Oy vay!
Uh, not really.

This is the 'yard, after all, and not much sense is allowed in the off season...

Reaction Score
Does anyone else panic whenever one of these threads jumps to the top of the board?
UconnDan posted the same thoughts earlier in this thread. I do too. And ironically enough. Just after his post, it happened in the Ulizio thread.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
UconnDan posted the same thoughts earlier in this thread. I do too. And ironically enough. Just after his post, it happened in the Ulizio thread.
Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock. I think you are missing a 97 on that UConnDan reference.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Since the first time I panicked, I've now panicked like seven more times.

And by panicking now, I will inadvertently panic some of you.

It is a vicious circle. Let's all have bourbon.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Since the first time I panicked, I've now panicked like seven more times. And by panicking now, I will inadvertently panic some of you. It is a vicious circle. Let's all have bourbon.
I like beer. See all you at the hockey game tonight!!!!!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
1 Bob Diaco has coached long enough to know talent he can develop. The New England Patriots win Super Bowls with players nobody wanted

2 We have Coach Balis who will increase the strength and explosive Ness of these kids and seems the kids are developing quickly with his methods

3. BD has millions on the line(future jobs) if he turns Uconn into a winner. I trust he can get it done with these kids

Nobody wants Tom Brady - you make it sound like the players nobody wanted aren't good and that is just not factual. They take good players who are normally cut due to $ or considered negative to team chemistry - they are all4 and 5 star players.

Nobody wanted Moss, Blount, Revis and so on...

The other two points are spot on but still incomplete to grade Bob Diaco.

Reaction Score
Well...RE had some pretty damn good results. RE would have been amazing if he had better luck recruiting QBs. Imagine Dan O with some of the Lorenzen/Frazer teams. The only knock on RE was that the quality of recruits seemed to never improve even though UConn had more success.

I think BD will do great...and will hopefully exceed RE's results...but I wouldn't knock Randy too much for his recruiting and developing of talent.
I'm one of the ones who take an "eh" view of RE. If not for being in the Big East - an ersatz BCS conference, at least - he would not have been able to do very much at all. Does anyone think we would be better off going forward today with RE vs. BD? I sure don't. RE had a heck of a time getting skill offensive players to come here. Even with the "power conference" bump he got from the BE. He was certainly preferable to PP and GDL, but he's part of the reason they were foisted upon us - his clandestine departure. So, whatever . . .

Reaction Score
mvalella6:54pm via Twitter for iPhone
Bridgeton's Nazir Williams, named CAL National Conf. outstanding athlete. Headed to UConn on football scholarship

CAL = New Jersey Cape Atlantic League
03.jpg

Reaction Score
Male Athlete of the Year: Bridgeton's Nazir Williams
http://www.thedailyjournal.com/stor...lete-year-bridgetons-nazir-williams/29187591/

>>Nazir Williams didn't play football as a freshman in 2011 because he didn't want to. He was a basketball player.

But after some convincing from his good friend Stefon Bowman and Bridgeton High School athletic director Cyndy Wilks, who was his fourth grade teacher, Williams decided to start his football career as a sophomore.
And he's never looked back. As a senior in 2014-15, Williams excelled in both sports, becoming a Daily Journal First-Teamer in each.

Because of his achievements on the football field and the basketball court, Williams has been selected as The Daily Journal's Male Athlete of the Year.<<

>>During the football season, Williams dominated on offense and defense, helping lead the Bulldogs to the Group III South semifinals. As a wide receiver, he caught 35 passes for 566 yards and three touchdowns. And as a linebacker, he had 45 tackles, 5 tackles for loss and 9 sacks. And he kept putting up impressive numbers when basketball season started. The 6-foot, 4-inch, 230-pounder averaged 13 points and 11.5 rebounds per game — both led his team — and was a tough, old-school defender.<

Geez, seem to remember another Husky who had to be pull away from a basketball court for football ;)

Reaction Score
You gotta stop giving me a heart attack like this. My initial thought is always "oh no did he transfer?"

Reaction Score
You gotta stop giving me a heart attack like this. My initial thought is always "oh no did he transfer?"
Mine too! haha. Sounds like another great athlete for this team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom