Commit #9 - Nazir Williams | The Boneyard

Commit #9 - Nazir Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
N⚡️ @NazatronW · 1m
Honored to say that I have verbally committed to University of Connecticut ! #GoHuskies
1f3c8.png

6'4" 225 WR/OLB from Bridgeton High School, Bridgeton New Jersey. Had offers from Buffalo, Temple, and Delaware.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1750987/nazir-williams

Last edited:
Reaction Score
9 commits before July. All I can say is wow. Welcome Nazir!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn Nazir! Diaco is planting roots in the mid-atlantic states. That is critical for our success.

Reaction Score
Anyone know what position he was recruited at? Looking at his highlights, looks like he can bulk up a bit and play TE, or bulk up a lot and play DE in the 3-4. From the picture, looks like he has the frame.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Diaco getting more Jersey kids..I love it!

Thanks for including the offers... saves me from having to be annoying and asking!

9 recruits in... are the only FBS offers for all 9 from - Temple, Buffalo, ODU and Cincinnati? At least according to Scout?

Reaction Score
Good size for an OLB/DE. Welcome to the Huskies Nazir.

Reaction Score
9 recruits in... are the only FBS offers for all 9 from - Temple, Buffalo, ODU and Cincinnati? At least according to Scout?
And what does that I've to do with the price of tea in China?

Reaction Score
I'm trusting Diaco until he gives me reason not to. And I'm hoping we're locking these guys down early while the better programs are waiting to evaluate their senior seasons. They all have the size and frames, they all appear to be high character guys. We've got a lot of experience mixed with a lot of young talent in our coaching staff. We've had plenty of teams that were better than the sum of their parts, and lately teams that were the opposite.

The good news is, we've clearly got closers on the staff. We used to get recruits with the same "other offers" after their senior seasons. It's still June and we've got 9 commits. That's outstanding for a staff that hasn't coached a game together. Sure I'd like to see us beating out better programs, but I'm choosing to fill my energy bucket and look at the glass half full.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
My hunch is that we'll see a number of these guys garner attention/offers from other schools this fall. It'll be an interesting position for us to be in.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm trusting Diaco until he gives me reason not to. And I'm hoping we're locking these guys down early while the better programs are waiting to evaluate their senior seasons. They all have the size and frames, they all appear to be high character guys. We've got a lot of experience mixed with a lot of young talent in our coaching staff. We've had plenty of teams that were better than the sum of their parts, and lately teams that were the opposite.

The good news is, we've clearly got closers on the staff. We used to get recruits with the same "other offers" after their senior seasons. It's still June and we've got 9 commits. That's outstanding for a staff that hasn't coached a game together. Sure I'd like to see us beating out better programs, but I'm choosing to fill my energy bucket and look at the glass half full.

I'd love to buy into this... If the bigger programs didn't already have more verbals.

I won't judge Diaco at all until he's had 18 games but it's impossible to look at the lack of offers and not see a giant red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom