Commit #16 - Tyraiq Beals | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Commit #16 - Tyraiq Beals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
As a side note, I'm counting 5 WR's in this class so far. Does that mean that there's a plan to convert 1 or 2 of the players to DB or another position? Just curious...

Reaction Score
EO is a rough town. Kid must be pretty tough. I believe Summers is from EO too.

Glad he chose us!

Yup but different HS though. Omaine Stephens is from same HS (East Orange Campus)

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Welcome Tyraiq (can you grow 4 inches add 130 pounds and block?) Just kidding. WELCOME!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As a side note, I'm counting 5 WR's in this class so far. Does that mean that there's a plan to convert 1 or 2 of the players to DB or another position? Just curious...

No they are throwing caution to the wind. Illegal formations dont apply.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Out of those commits, the WRs would probably be McLean, Battle, and Beals.

So players that haven't actually commited have positions.

This is going to be a painful process.

Reaction Score
I know this year is a wash... And it sucks... But diaco is more concerned about two three years down the road. Winning now the wrong way with out put down his system would be short term gain. I rather he have his program in place and continue to recruit his pro typical player then work the offense that would work for this year only!

Agreed. Nobody was expecting an SEC level recruiting class, but for a coach and a staff that haven't even been here a full year yet, they've been putting together an overall impressive class. PP was such a lousy recruiter.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't know how anybody can assess these kids and classes until they get on the field. There was constant lamenting about Edsall's classes and he put great athletes on the field pretty consistently. Everyone raved about P's classes because they had a few more stars and P5 offers and those kids don't appear to be panning out.

I don't get it.....

Reaction Score
I honestly don't know how anybody can assess these kids and classes until they get on the field. There was constant lamenting about Edsall's classes and he put great athletes on the field pretty consistently. Everyone raved about P's classes because they had a few more stars and P5 offers and those kids don't appear to be panning out.

I don't get it.....
seriously. Many of pasqualoni recruits are playing well.

Reaction Score
When was the last time we had 16 commits as of October? Never?

We're doing something right on that front. Lots of WRs, what else are we looking for?
With the surreal way that this season has unfolded thus far, I'm keeping my fingers crossed & praying that all of these "commits" are still Huskies after National Signing Day in February. There's a lot of water going over the dam until we reach that point. Not meaning to put a damper on the celebration.
Welcome Mr. Beals! You've made a fantastic choice.

Reaction Score
With the surreal way that this season has unfolded thus far, I'm keeping my fingers crossed & praying that all of these "commits" are still Huskies after National Signing Day in February. There's a lot of water going over the dam until we reach that point. Not meaning to put a damper on the celebration.
The flip side is a charismatic coach can sell immediate or early playing time based on the results.

Reaction Score

I don't get it.....

I say "impressive" as in he seems to be having a far easier time recruiting than he has any business doing right now considering how downtrodden the program has become. Along with the fact that he's a first time coach at a completely irrelevant program. That's what I mean by impressive. I'm not expecting them all to be All-Americans or Heisman candidates anytime soon, nor was I expecting a laundry list of five star recruits top to bottom. But he and his staff seem to be doing a solid job thus far considering how much is stacked against them. Pasqualoni had much more to work with in terms of perception when he took the job, especially compared to where it is now, and did next to nothing with it in terms of developing any of his recruits into better players/products. I get a better sense that Diaco knows what he's doing in recruiting and what type of players he wants; and furthermore knows what to do with them in the long term.

Reaction Score
Welcome Tyraiq. Good luck on the rest of the season and keep an eye out for a solid sidekick who likes pancakes!

Reaction Score
Great five WR's but who is throwing the Pig Skin next year??? More importantly who do you have confidence in, to throw the Pig Skin?

Reaction Score
Great five WR's but who is throwing the Pig Skin next year??? More importantly who do you have confidence in, to throw the Pig Skin?

Only 2 of the commits who are listed as WRs are coming in as WRs...this includes Beals... I'm sure our passing game will be a little better by next Spring....

Reaction Score
Is HCBD the only recruiter for New Jersey, or did another UConn coach also have responsibility for Beals' recruitment?

Reaction Score

"You're going to come in and compete for playing time as a freshman. You're exactly the type of player we need to turn this thing around. We've got a new vision for the type of team we want to be, here's how you fit in..."

Reaction Score
seriously. Many of pasqualoni recruits are playing well.

Some, sure. We have nothing in the way of LBs, OL, CBs, RBs talent that was here under Edsall. I do think Newsome may end up being very special. Maybe some of these kids will develop, but I just don't see the same level of talent and P had a lot of kids come in and not stick.

Reaction Score

I believe I have read/heard M. Terry and N. Williams will be S/CB/DB's. I believe the same with Robinson as well.

Reaction Score
EO is a rough town. Kid must be pretty tough. I believe Summers is from EO too.

Glad he chose us!

I thought the town sounded familiar. You are right. I'm surprised Summers ended up at CB. Loved his tape as a WR.

Reaction Score
Out of those commits, the WRs would probably be McLean, Battle, and Beals.

My thoughts exactly. Missed your post but I posted the same although referring to the others as DB's.

Reaction Score

Willing to bet Shirreffs is the starter next year. Tyler Davis will probably be learning behind him, and I would be pretty surprised if Tim Boyle doesn't transfer by the off-season. Just my gut feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom