Commit #12 - William Richardson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Commit #12 - William Richardson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And other programs getting commits this time of year aren't doing the same? I think it's stupid to call any of these gambles or risks. They either commit now, or don't commit at all. Others will commit later. And just like every year, its just how recruiting works, kids will de-commit and others will commit and take their place. Can we all just try to find positives for once?
You are nit picking. Stupid is kind of strong here. Just a message board.

Cincy took a QB that had offers from Louisville, Ohio State and Memphis. We may be the best talent evaluators but to me that say a lot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Only 6'3" and 220. he's just a little guy compared to rest of the class. :)
Like how he's a vocal leader....seems to have the personality of a future mlb/team captain
Welcome to the family.
Amazing how quickly we went from 0 to 12.
Exciting to see the 2014 season begin

Reaction Score
Only 6'3" and 220. he's just a little guy compared to rest of the class. :)
Like how he's a vocal leader....seems to have the personality of a future mlb/team captain
Welcome to the family.
Amazing how quickly we went from 0 to 12.
Exciting to see the 2014 season begin

You want a vocal leader manning an ILB position on D... I like this pick up

Reaction Score
Maybe someone else committed before him. We've seen this before with lb who tried to commit to us after we got another lb commit. No room for him and he ended up at western Michigan where he helped them beat us with a strip sack and a fumble recovery. His ship was filled by mike steg I believe.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Dynasty said:
Hmm. It may have something to do with the quiet period but usually the UConn Football twitter feed makes a veiled reference about whoever just committed, yet there is nothing there. Nor from Dez or John Silver for that matter. Of course, I could be reaching...
This right here... Hope it works out if interest is mutual

Reaction Score
Maybe someone else committed before him. We've seen this before with lb who tried to commit to us after we got another lb commit. No room for him and he ended up at western Michigan where he helped them beat us with a strip sack and a fumble recovery. His ship was filled by mike steg I believe.
Yep....

Reaction Score
It said he was a TE/LB. Obviously he's being recruited as a linebacker, but do you think they bring him in as TE just to get him here?

Reaction Score
What makes you call this an "early gamble"? or even a gamble for that matter?
Only offer is from Uconn. That does not mean he is a bad player or maybe he did not pop up on other radar screens because he did not do the camp/combine circuit. But in this class of 12 so far, that is the trend. If this were RE or even PP, people here would be wondering why they are taking gambles on so many players so early. And if Richardson blows up during his senior year and gets some other offers (can be said for a number of commits), since signing day is still over 6 months away, holding onto them is a larger risk. If you lose some, then you end up with a bunch of late offers to kids that may be true reaches.

I think that as their senior years unfold, watching these early recruits for additional offers will be one of the early ways to get a stronger sense of Diaco and his staff's eye for talent. And if there are offers and the recruits stick, it will tell even more about how he is selling himself, his vision and the program.

Just as an FYI, RE lost a 4 star verbal last week to Temple. That it was this early is surprising but it does happen to almost all schools, even Bama.

Reaction Score
Only offer is from Uconn. That does not mean he is a bad player or maybe he did not pop up on other radar screens because he did not do the camp/combine circuit. But in this class of 12 so far, that is the trend. If this were RE or even PP, people here would be wondering why they are taking gambles on so many players so early. And if Richardson blows up during his senior year and gets some other offers (can be said for a number of commits), since signing day is still over 6 months away, holding onto them is a larger risk. If you lose some, then you end up with a bunch of late offers to kids that may be true reaches.

I think that as their senior years unfold, watching these early recruits for additional offers will be one of the early ways to get a stronger sense of Diaco and his staff's eye for talent. And if there are offers and the recruits stick, it will tell even more about how he is selling himself, his vision and the program.

Just as an FYI, RE lost a 4 star verbal last week to Temple. That it was this early is surprising but it does happen to almost all schools, even Bama.
Not so surprising. The Temple case was because both of the kid's parents were Temple graduates.

Reaction Score

Again I ask, why does this make these offers a "gamble"? Diaco and staff offers kids with other offers and all we hear is "we have no chance against those schools". They offer kids with no other offers and now they're gambles? What is recruiting then? One big gamble? We all know it is no certain thing. Anyone calling any of the offers and commitments gambles, give it up. These are not kids making the rounds around the country to all the big camps, combines etc. Has Uconn ever recruited those types? No. Nothing has changed folks. Accept the commitments. Be happy with what we have and see the positive in every story. Some of you have so much negativity it disgusts me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Has Uconn ever recruited those types? No. Nothing has changed folks. Accept the commitments. Be happy with what we have and see the positive in every story. Some of you have so much negativity it disgusts me.
Based on some basic research, you will see that you are not correct. There were a fair % of every class rfecently where Uconn successfully recruited against other peer and P5 schools (all of the kds showed offers from the schools listed) -
Dan Orlovsky - Purdue/BC among others (going way back but a HUGE recruit at the time)
More recently (under PP) -
2013 (52% of the class)
Tim Boyle - BC, UF, Pitt and Cuse
Cory Jasudowich - BC, MD, Temple
Brian Lemelle - BC, Cinci, Iowa, PSU, NE, UWV, VA, RU, Pitt
Kyle Schafenacker - Cinci, S. Car, USF, SMU
Jalen Stevens - ASU, UNC, S. Miss
Noel Thomas - RU, Temple
Quinn Thompson - BC
Junior Joseph - RU
Dhameer Bradlet - Temple
Jordan Fuchs - UF, Iowa State, RU, SMU
Javon Hadley - UCF
Tommy Myers - Temple
Casz Wright - NC State, Penn State

Not going to list them all but..
2012 - 11 out of 23; 48%
2011 - 6 out of 16; 37.5%
2010 - 9 out of 19; 47%
2009 - 11 out of 21; 53%
2004 (the year that produced some of Uconn's best players)- 5 of 27; 18.5% (only offer players included Beatty, Branch, Butler, Taylor)

And what is also different is the number being taken this early. 11 or 12 before the end of July is new. And as someone who was concerned about a lack of commits early, this is a big change. But as of right now, with 11/12 commits out of a possible class of 22/23, based on current recruits in hand, the % that had other offers will be at the very low end of the historical range. We are talking 2004 low % range. And if it works out like 2004 did, that would be great.

And yes, FB recruiting is 100% a gamble. There are tons of kids that were highly recruited that are busts and even more under recruited kids that become stars. Some coaches can spot them. RE and his staff were unbelievably good at it. PP over rated a number of his recruits it appears. Time will tell with this staff.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
c k the derailing of this thread. What's the story with Mr. Richardson? From his twitter sounds like he is all in for UConn. Will
UConn be his landing spot?

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
UConn Dan said:
F. uc k the derailing of this thread. What's the story with Mr. Richardson? From his twitter sounds like he is all in for UConn. Will UConn be his landing spot?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Great news. Now no more speculation. Looking fwd to seeing this kid man one of those ILB spots

Reaction Score
Based on some basic research, you will see that you are not correct. There were a fair % of every class rfecently where Uconn successfully recruited against other peer and P5 schools (all of the kds showed offers from the schools listed) -
Dan Orlovsky - Purdue/BC among others (going way back but a HUGE recruit at the time)
More recently (under PP) -
2013 (52% of the class)
Tim Boyle - BC, UF, Pitt and Cuse
Cory Jasudowich - BC, MD, Temple
Brian Lemelle - BC, Cinci, Iowa, PSU, NE, UWV, VA, RU, Pitt
Kyle Schafenacker - Cinci, S. Car, USF, SMU
Jalen Stevens - ASU, UNC, S. Miss
Noel Thomas - RU, Temple
Quinn Thompson - BC
Junior Joseph - RU
Dhameer Bradlet - Temple
Jordan Fuchs - UF, Iowa State, RU, SMU
Javon Hadley - UCF
Tommy Myers - Temple
Casz Wright - NC State, Penn State

Not going to list them all but..
2012 - 11 out of 23; 48%
2011 - 6 out of 16; 37.5%
2010 - 9 out of 19; 47%
2009 - 11 out of 21; 53%
2004 (the year that produced some of Uconn's best players)- 5 of 27; 18.5% (only offer players included Beatty, Branch, Butler, Taylor)

And what is also different is the number being taken this early. 11 or 12 before the end of July is new. And as someone who was concerned about a lack of commits early, this is a big change. But as of right now, with 11/12 commits out of a possible class of 22/23, based on current recruits in hand, the % that had other offers will be at the very low end of the historical range. We are talking 2004 low % range. And if it works out like 2004 did, that would be great.

And yes, FB recruiting is 100% a gamble. There are tons of kids that were highly recruited that are busts and even more under recruited kids that become stars. Some coaches can spot them. RE and his staff were unbelievably good at it. PP over rated a number of his recruits it appears. Time will tell with this staff.

Completely ridiculous waste of time to read this.

No empirical value. "Offers" are presumably self reported. Look at that list: we NOW know that some of those kids are NOT top FBS players. I don't believe much of any of the lists on rivals or scout or 247. It's just bogus to get your money.

I think we are hustling like we never have before. We have morse kids committed by the 15th of November than ever. I'd bet we have a deeper more experienced staff of evaluators than ever. And our stock in trade is still grabbing raw kids & projecting - it's what the northeast is about. Unlike the Edsall years, I don't think we are going to see a half dozen reaches in our last recruiting week.

Reaction Score
BallouKnightFB 8:23pm via Twitter for Android
Surprise visit today for UCONN commit William Richardson from @Coachpoindexter @ADStephEvans @DCSAASports #allmets

richardson.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline