Commit #12 - William Richardson | The Boneyard

Commit #12 - William Richardson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will_GoGetIt Jul 06, 11:44pm via Twitter for iPhone
I am Commited to The University of Connecticut #GoHukies #GameChangers #BBB

William Richardson is a 6-3 220 TE/LB from Ballou High School in Washington DC

Story from May: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-richardson-picks-up-first-offer-from-u-conn/

Named one of the Top 5 Linebackers @ Nike Football Training Camp in VA in April:

5. William Richardson, 6-2 1/2, 220, Washington (D.C.) Ballou
Skinny: Richardson was the surprise of the group. He was loud (really loud) in an effort to create energy during the run-game drills, but he backed it up. He played down hill and his angles were superb. He was able to move side-to-side, and he was balanced. In passing game drills, he wasn't as effective but was still good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll delete my thread. Welcome William to the UConn family.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It looks like the recruiting push into the Virginia area is "upticking", which is really nice to see! If we can consistently supplement our northeastern recruiting with areas like DC / Virginia, we'll be in very good shape for the long term...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Welcome William!

I will keep saying it: I LOVE the way our 2015 is shaping up. No pun intended. Alright, maybe some pun intended!

Reaction Score
Another trend I've noticed. Diaco is bringing in bigger kids that have at least had some exposure to playing defense standing up. Richardson, Okounam, and Freeborn all have highlights playing in stacked or two point stance.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn, William!

Reaction Score
Am i counting wrong, i though the QB was our #12 commit? isn't this 13?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Am i counting wrong, i though the QB was our #12 commit? isn't this 13?

Sorry about that DOZE. I picked a bad label for the Shirreffs thread thus leading to the confusion. He's a transfer from NC State, not a high school commit. Richardson will make commit #12. My bad.

Reaction Score
This is awesome! HCBD continues to attract guys who are not mainstream...just yet anyways...but who clearly have the potential to be that with solid senior seasons. While UConn appears to be the only present offer for Richardson, the list of schools having interest, according to various recruiting sites as well as the Washington Post, is rather impressive and includes Clemson, Georgia, North Carolina, West Virginia, Penn State, East Carolina and Old Dominion. Not that we need their confirmation, but IMO they wouldn't be showing interest, if there wasn't some talent and significant potential there! Diaco is willing to take the chance that W. Richardson will develop into a solid high-level defensive player...and WR has accepted the challenge. My gut tells me that Diaco is continuing to beat the top programs to these guys who have lots of potential, but before they've developed enough to attract high-level offers. I love the strategy! Welcome to UConn William!

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Hmm. It may have something to do with the quiet period but usually the UConn Football twitter feed makes a veiled reference about whoever just committed, yet there is nothing there. Nor from Dez or John Silver for that matter.

Of course, I could be reaching...

Reaction Score
Hmm. It may have something to do with the quiet period but usually the UConn Football twitter feed makes a veiled reference about whoever just committed, yet there is nothing there. Nor from Dez or John Silver for that matter.

Of course, I could be reaching...

How about from his school?
BallouKnightFB 8:45am via Twitter for Android
Congrats to 2015 TE/DL William Richardson @Will_GoGetIt and his commitment to @UConnFootball #BBB @ADStephEvans @DCSAASports #allmets

Fuller had a blurb based on tweet and so did Rivals Friedman but heck who knows now-a-days!

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing, but isn't it a dead period for uconn to say anything about their recruits right now?

Reaction Score
I hope Diaco and Ollie haven't mixed up their recruiting. Man, this glass is long......

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Some notes from an article about his commitment:

• Coach Poindexter was his main recruiter
  • He hasn't met Diaco yet or visited campus but will visit soon
  • The staff is on vacation (lazy bast... er.. just kidding)
  • Temple was another school showing serious interest

Reaction Score
Something tells me that this team of coaches has some great contacts, given that they re willing to make early gambles like this. Maybe its recruiting at a level that we have never seen here.

What makes you call this an "early gamble"? or even a gamble for that matter?

Reaction Score
The further away the kid is from graduation the more risk is there, meaning he may or may not turn in to the player that you had hoped. These guys seem to be beating others early and getting commits, which is a testament to their contacts.

Reaction Score
The further away the kid is from graduation the more risk is there, meaning he may or may not turn in to the player that you had hoped. These guys seem to be beating others early and getting commits, which is a testament to their contacts.

And other programs getting commits this time of year aren't doing the same? I think it's stupid to call any of these gambles or risks. They either commit now, or don't commit at all. Others will commit later. And just like every year, its just how recruiting works, kids will de-commit and others will commit and take their place. Can we all just try to find positives for once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom