Coming home | The Boneyard

Coming home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My wife and I have sold our home in San Diego after 30 years and are coming home to Connecticut. We are going to be looking for something either in the Mystic area or near Westerly. I know, I know about the weather but at the end of the day, family trumps weather. Any advice on where to live? We love Uconn sports and the Red Sox.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Avoid flood hazard areas and any possibility of dealing with FEMA and flood insurance. Many realtors overlook that stuff.

Reaction Score
My wife and I have sold our home in San Diego after 30 years and are coming home to Connecticut. We are going to be looking for something either in the Mystic area or near Westerly. I know, I know about the weather but at the end of the day, family trumps weather. Any advice on where to live? We love Uconn sports and the Red Sox.

Love the Westerly area. Maybe Taylor Swift has some space for you in Watch Hill.

Family always wins huh? As it should.

Reaction Score
Love the Westerly area. Maybe Taylor Swift has some space for you in Watch Hill.

Family always wins huh? As it should.
I saw Taylor's "cottage" when I was in Connecticut last September. She wasn't at home or I am sure she would have given us a tour. The beach at Watch Hill is the best beach of any that I have seen. We like the Westerly area a lot. They seem to have a tax advantage over Connecticut.

Reaction Score
60'sfan said:
I saw Taylor's "cottage" when I was in Connecticut last September. She wasn't at home or I am sure she would have given us a tour. The beach at Watch Hill is the best beach of any that I have seen. We like the Westerly area a lot. They seem to have a tax advantage over Connecticut.

You could always stay at the Ocean House hotel next door while you search for a house. You can get a suite there for two grand a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom