College Sports Mysteries: The search for the (real) Civil Conflict trophy, monument to a rivalry that never was (The Athletic) | The Boneyard

College Sports Mysteries: The search for the (real) Civil Conflict trophy, monument to a rivalry that never was (The Athletic)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Do I want to bother with this? I hate UCF as much as any program.

Reaction Score
UConn took the trophy at the end of the game. Years ago, I posted a video of the game and at the end it can clearly be seen that a UConn staff member goes over to the table and takes the trophy.

Someone posted this comment to a youtube video about the trophy:

@nicholaslajara2080
5 months ago
I was the last person to see that trophy. I was an equipment manager for the squad we had no idea what to do with it on the field they didn’t take it I had to run it back with a towel over it.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 whiffed on having the greatest rivalry in sports under their big top. I love the craziness behind this thing and wish it could have been revived.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UCF just raised a second round NIT banner so I’m not surprised they have a backup Civil ConFLiCT trophy

Reaction Score
To me it seems like UCF wanted this all along but acted like the they were too cool. Once it wasn’t going to be contested they wished they had it so went out and made their own. Kind of like a 13 year old who says he is too old to go to a kids birthday party then spend the day wishing he was there.

Viva la CONFLict!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty fun read. Disco was a visionary!
Meaning that he was probably having visions on a regular basis?

"The veil is lifting… I see a team on the receiving end of a punt… They stand around like statues as the ball rolls back closer to the end zone...

I see confusion and turmoil involving the US military… Wait it's clearing… It's at the Naval Academy… I see a team at the 1 yard line… there is chaos… the final gun sounds without the ball being snapped....

I see hungry huskies building a table, one leg at a time... upon it they enjoy a meal of golden footballs...

Now I see people about to eat a cake… At the first bite their faces screw up… 'this tastes like fish' they say…

I see a rivalry, that's not a rivalry… There is ConFLiCT.

[whispers] Nickelodeon
..."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom