Colgate game. | The Boneyard

Colgate game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is anyone considering making the road trip to Colgate, and in terms of First Night, does the arena totally fill up? How hard is it to get in? Thank you.

Reaction Score
For first night -- It fills up pretty well since it's men and women and open admission to all. I wouldn't say it's hard to get in though.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am never aware of them 'closing the doors' for first night - usually about 2/3-3/4 full.

Reaction Score
Is anyone considering making the road trip to Colgate, and in terms of First Night, does the arena totally fill up? How hard is it to get in? Thank you.
Could be more crowded than usual since it's not far from Breanna's hometown.

Reaction Score
Could be more crowded than usual since it's not far from Breanna's hometown.

I think he was talking about Gampel filling up for First Night. However Colgate's gym only seats about 1800 and is very likely to be sold out - even though they are charging $25 per ticket, as opposed to the usual $5. Tickets are not available to the general public at this point.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I was considering hitting the Colgate game it's only a couple hours from my house and my 9 year old daughter wants to go, but it is a school night and seats are limited so we shall see. Didn't know the fact about the tickets. Thanks for the tip on that, although; I'd pay 10 times that to see UConn play.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I was considering hitting the Colgate game it's only a couple hours from my house and my 9 year old daughter wants to go, but it is a school night and seats are limited so we shall see. Didn't know the fact about the tickets. Thanks for the tip on that, although; I'd pay 10 times that to see UConn play.
Why wouldn't you just come to Connecticut for a wnkd game, you're a couple of hours from Colgate which is a few more hours from Connecticut?

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Why wouldn't you just come to Connecticut for a wnkd game, you're a couple of hours from Colgate which is a few more hours from Connecticut?
That's what we normally do. Was thinking the Nebraska game this year. We always have a good time in Connecticut. We just kind of plan to be at the game then wing it the rest of the weekend.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I have an acquaintance whose son played football at Colgate. He had scholarship offers to UCLA and I think some other PAC 12 schools - kudos to him for putting a good solid education first.

But sure wish this flimsy connection could be made into a chance to get tickets - my daughter's family lives an hour away - in fact, just by Cicero where Stewie grew up.

Reaction Score
I am planning on going to the Colgate game. It is only a couple hours from me as well. One of my son's classmates is being recruited by Colgate's women's team. She would rather play for UConn but she has a ways to go before that can happen.

Reaction Score
I have an acquaintance whose son played football at Colgate. He had scholarship offers to UCLA and I think some other PAC 12 schools - kudos to him for putting a good solid education first.

But sure wish this flimsy connection could be made into a chance to get tickets - my daughter's family lives an hour away - in fact, just by Cicero where Stewie grew up.

Curious about who it is. I'm not aware that Colgate has had any players in the past 24 years who had offers from any PAC 12 schools. They have had a couple who were offered spots as preferred walk-ons.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score

Ear plugs advised. They jacked up the volume to maximum plus-10 on the huge speakers they brought in the last time I was there. And they played recordings continuously before the main event. It was to the point of painful for a 60+, but I guess it's appealing to the youngsters. Bizarre. It's one of the factors in my opting not to attend again.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Curious about who it is. I'm not aware that Colgate has had any players in the past 24 years who had offers from any PAC 12 schools. They have had a couple who were offered spots as preferred walk-ons.

I'll send you a private message.

Reaction Score
Ear plugs advised. They jacked up the volume to maximum plus-10 on the huge speakers they brought in the last time I was there. And they played recordings continuously before the main event. It was to the point of painful for a 60+, but I guess it's appealing to the youngsters. Bizarre. It's one of the factors in my opting not to attend again.

Thanks. I'm back and forth on going because mileage wise I am 117 miles from Colgate yet time wise mapquest is saying 2 1/2 hours away. Storrs is only 20 minutes farther away and I've never seen a game there. I may opt for Storrs.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I am never aware of them 'closing the doors' for first night - usually about 2/3-3/4 full.
It may have been the first combined First Night 3-4 yrs ago, and we missed getting in. Not sure if it was full, or we were jus a bit late that yr? Last yr was awesome and pretty darn full!!!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Many wcbb Boneyarders (and perhaps some on the men's board) objected to combining both events, and a few really disliked (HORRORS!) the idea of the combined scrimmage.

It has turned out to be a stroke of marketing genius!
  • Silly non-bb games were deleted; and,
  • The scrimmage was a "no-foul" delightful treat - and I am certain that recruits would never see something similar anywhere else.
My only criticisms were that:
  • the player introductions took too long, which appeared to. . .
  • reduce the time and scope for the 3-pont shooting contest; and,
  • the volume was TOO DAMNED LOUD!! :mad:
Old timers here know how much I will miss this year's event. So GO. And ENJOY! It's an experience you will never forget. ;)

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Thanks. I'm back and forth on going because mileage wise I am 117 miles from Colgate yet time wise mapquest is saying 2 1/2 hours away. Storrs is only 20 minutes farther away and I've never seen a game there. I may opt for Storrs.
went to Colgate and some of those roads can be very slow -- e.g., Route 20 should be fast but slows to 30 MPH every time you go through a town where they'd LOVE to add some revenue to the tiny town coffer by giving you a ticket...I love Colgate but would probably go for Storrs if I were you. UNLESS you have time to see the prettiest campus on the face of this earth (with possible exception if you like palm trees of Stanford).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom