Coache's Salaries | The Boneyard

Coache's Salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They all make too much but Warde is going to have to pony up. Since we are a state university is the a cap on what an employee can make? And does Geno have to make as much or more that Ollie?

Reaction Score
I would think that for 9.5 million a year you would be winning a championship on a yearly basis, not exiting on the first round...

Reaction Score
Boeheim salary seems low for how long he's been there.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I wonder what KO will collect for getting to the Final Four (said he can get up to $300K + bonus).

Reaction Score
DOok coach gets 9.5 mill, which is 4 mill more than Pitino or Calipari?

Holy good God. The fact is DOok WAS a great program through about 2004. 3 titles 13 FFs. 6 runners up. Good stuff.

After 2004? ONE final four appearance, which led to a NC (2010). And that is with crazy over-seeding virtually every year.
They lost to two patsies on the first weekend in 2 of the last 3 seasons, with very high seeds.

Fact is, the 2010 NC was critical to DoOk maintaining the notion that they are a top program. If the don't win in 2010, you'd have to say that the glory days were behind them. With the win in 2010, what can be said? A decade of very good teams, not elite, with one breakout season, and overall poor performance in the Tourni?

For 9.5 mill you'd think you'd get Squid's production levels of FFs and deep runs.

Something is not right at Dook. Give it a couple more years - if they don't find their way back to the FF in the next few years, they're going to start calling for the old rodent to hang 'em up - mark it down.

Reaction Score
Either Josh Pastner is extremely overpaid or there are dozens of underpaid coaches. Memphis could fire Pastner tomorrow and hire a better coach in Ed Cooley for 1 million less then they are paying Pastner.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's not your money, so don't worry about it :)
To me it's also about getting players, and Pastner has been pretty good at that. He is young and it's too early to judge him IMO.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
To me it's also about getting players, and Pastner has been pretty good at that. He is young and it's too early to judge him IMO.

It's more than just getting players though, you have to teach them to play. I think Josh is a great guy, but he is going to have to produce some meaningful wins soon to justify that salary.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
It's about the title, we want to make it clear the Memphis Basketball Head Coach is considered a big time, major basketball job...Cal made over 2.5, Josh makes over 2.6, whoever follows will make big money as well.

We have a group of 40 people in the Tigers Ambassador Program...to join you have to donate 500,000 dollars (or more)...so guys like Fred Smith, Alan Graf, and Mike Rose decide how much the position pays...and if they're happy, I'm happy.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It's about the title, we want to make it clear the Memphis Basketball Head Coach is considered a big time, major basketball job...Cal made over 2.5, Josh makes over 2.6, whoever follows will make big money as well.

We have a group of 40 people in the Tigers Ambassador Program...to join you have to donate 500,000 dollars (or more)...so guys like Fred Smith, Alan Graf, and Mike Rose decide how much the position pays...and if they're happy, I'm happy.
Cal had success then would leverage it for a big raise every year. Pastner is the happy recipient of Cal establishing a high base salary and doing nothing to really warrant it.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Cal made us change the way we looked at the position...we were paying Larry Finch 170,000 in 1997...you guys may hate him, but Calipari brought us kicking and screaming into modern NCAA basketball.

Like Josh is fond of saying "I'd love to be the coach that follows me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01