Coaches in the Hot Seat | The Boneyard

Coaches in the Hot Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know if there is already buzz of certain coaches who look like they will be out at the end of the season? Seeing how this team is developing it looks like they are a quality big man away from making a big run next year. I'm assuming if the coach gets the boot, than players will consider other places. One would think that if a quality big is available UConn would have a good chance at convincing them to come to UConn due to playing time.

Reaction Score
I saw Tony Parker from UCLA may be a transfer candidate for next year. He was asked if he regretted coming to UCLA and he replied 'no comment' so we'll see. Could be a nice addition based on perceived talent (given that he has not played much) and size.

Reaction Score
Don't players have to sit out a year unless get waiver?

Reaction Score
I think the assumption is that they will get a waiver if the coach is fired.

Why would you get a waiver if coaches fired, that is not how it normally works, if ever.

Reaction Score
a waiver for signed recruits. In the OP I was more referring to recruits who have signed and would flip to UConn than to current players who would leave. sorry for the miscommunication

Reaction Score
Why would you get a waiver if coaches fired, that is not how it normally works, if ever.
You can't specifically say the reason for the waiver is because the coach isn't there anymore.

But a majority of these kids can file for a hardship (financial or otherwise) waiver. About half of the waivers in the past 5 years have been approved for such reasons.

caw

Reaction Score

Sometimes it does work that way for incoming freshmen (see VaTech last year). That would be Zach LaVine and Allerick Freeman. Neither are really at positions of need, but both are top 100 players.

It can also work that way if the player is related to the coach.

Overall, you are right, it's not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom