Coach Ollie | The Boneyard

Coach Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean this guy doesn't fear stuff. It could be his strong faith, extensive NBA experience (seen everything) or his ingrained UConn culture/history.

He's the only reason I feel we can advance each game this Tourney. He has a collection of good players and average with only one superstar and look what he's doing. Halftime interviews, and post game interviews he exudes excess confidence. What I see is now in March the team has finally brought into him and are playing as an extension of him.

Starting with the AAC Tourney to now this team is playing at an 'Ollie' level and its a beautiful thing to see. We are witnessing a changing of the guard and I have to say we are not missing a beat. In fact Calhoun is not talked about much other than a side comment, which is a major compliment to Ollie (and not a diss to Calhoun).

Izzo may be a better coach (actually I think he's the best out there) but I would not trade Ollie for him under any circumstances. Ollie is a warrior, ready for battle and every game is the General leading his troops to victory. He know its a war and he knows how to fight, and consequently our team.

Keep planting UConn seeds in the Garden Coach, because in time top recruits will grow! I know without a doubt we will be harvesting for years (perhaps decades) to come.

We are UConn dammit!!

Reaction Score
Ollie's street cred on the recruiting trail is going to rocket to crazy heights. If you haven't bought in yet with coach Ollie you have issues.
That story told by "Genoista" the other day is worth pinning to the top of this board. I might even go to church tomorrow.

From Genoista:

"If this is common knowledge- I will apologize in advance. I spend a lot more time on the women's board.
While in Tulsa OK this past fall, my daughter brings us to one of her favorite non denominal churches. She says it is supposed to be an awesome" sermon" that she thinks I will enjoy. Beautiful Church with singing groups, 3 huge TV screens. Young minister turns on the screen and there is Kevin Durant with the Pastor of the same Church in OK City. I am not a big follower of the NBA. But I have heard Durant is beloved out there as much because of he is as special a person as he is talented on the court. He is accessible to the community and really revered. They asked him what if any event or person was responsible for the person he has become today- then the three huge screens are lit up with a picture of UConn coach Kevin Ollie. None of knew this was coming. Kevin goes on about Ollie. There is more to the story. Not sure whether this is common knowledge, or if anyone really cares. But I got a taste first hand, or 2nd hand from Kevin Durant, who said Ollie made the entire team all better individuals and a better team just by being who he was-Kevin Ollie.
I love listening to him, and the more I hear him the more I like him. Now I know why. It was quite a 3rd
Party endorsement.

Durant said, Ollie would say bye to everyone in the locker room, and disappear alone, on foot- even on the road. Then the whole team got curious about it, and they would watch him disappear around the same corner in OK every day. As a prank they decided to follow him. It led them to a small Chapel. They waited for him to come out. Went to dinner or lunch. The team/Kevin Began inquiring constantly to Kevin about what he does , why, and how his belief system benefits him- and Durant said it was earth shattering to himself and many on the team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great post, no one can say a bad word about him except perhaps that he bitch slaps players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom