Coach needs to have team ready against UCF | The Boneyard

Coach needs to have team ready against UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We lost on the road to a 21-2 team by 5 in a game we led by as much as 10 with a bad game by our best player and our 2nd best player not playing.

I hate the fact we lost because I feel we should have won. But the loss won't mean too much if we have turned the corner.

We will know we have turned the corner if we go down to Florida and beat UCF. Florida trips have been an adventure in the past and the short turnaround and long travel has me worried. If we are not ready to go we could lose that game. We are in 5th place in the AAC. There are only 5 good teams in the AAC. So that's not very impressive. We need to beat the teams we are supposed to beat. No more bad losses. And pay back SMU and Cincinnati at home. Anything less will be a disappointment.

I am kinda upset over Daniels. His ankle had nothing to do with him missing the game. He got back spasms right before the game. Bad timing? Negligent medical attention? Whatever, just get that under control. We could lose any game left without him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are in 5th place in the AAC. There are only 5 good teams in the AAC. So that's not very impressive. We need to beat the teams we are supposed to beat. No more bad losses. And pay back SMU and Cincinnati at home. Anything less will be a disappointment.
Anything less not just a disappointment, anything less on the bubble and sweating selection Sunday.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hi-Low said:
Anything less not just a disappointment, anything less on the bubble and sweating selection Sunday.

No, it really really won't be sweating. You need to see the bottom of my seed list. It's amazing.

Reaction Score
No, it really really won't be sweating. You need to see the bottom of my seed list. It's amazing.
If we lose to SMU and Cincy at home not sweating? Wouldn't be so sure.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hi-Low said:
If we lose to SMU and Cincy at home not sweating? Wouldn't be so sure.

Losing at home to two NCAAT-level teams? Uh, no. That's called "something most of the Big Ten does".

Reaction Score
Can't feel sorry for ourselves. Have to grind out a win on Sunday, and come home and take care of USF on Wednesday. We have 9 games left...5 against sub-par teams (@UCF, USF twice, @Temple, Rutgers). Have to win all of those IMO. Already had our WTF loss. Can't afford to have another one.

Of the 4 games left against good teams in the league, 3 of them are at home.

Disappointed with last night, but as others haven't pointed out....Napier didn't play great, Daniel's didn't play, and I thought Boat didn't have a great game either. Counter that with Kilpatrick playing one of his best games of the season, and you are not going to beat the No. 7 team in the country on the road.

If we take care of business against the sub-par teams, and protect our home court, at worst we are 13-5 in the league, and 25-6 overall. Based on the fact that there are still a lot of games played between the top teams in this league, I could still see us being in the top 3 in the league when the season ends.

Reaction Score
I am kinda upset over Daniels. His ankle had nothing to do with him missing the game. He got back spasms right before the game. Bad timing? Negligent medical attention? Whatever, just get that under control. We could lose any game left without him.

Have you ever had back spasms? Bad timing? Sure. But they can come out of nowhere, something as innocuous as awkwardly turning your back, and can be utterly debilitating. DD could well have been moving unnaturally with his ankle, causing the back issue. I'm not a medical person, but sometimes your back muscles just lock up and man, does it hurt. It's not from negligent care. The kid's tough - he played after he hurt the ankle, and he would have gone if he could.

Reaction Score
DD has had back spasms on and off since last year(remember the NC State game where he looked like an ironing board out there?) and it was reported he was dealing with them leading up to this game. SMH @ being "upset" over him missing the game due to the back, the dumb nonsense you read on this board sometimes, its a damn chore to navigate through this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom