Coach Calhoun | The Boneyard

Coach Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Those are some quotes I hadn't read before.

I really like the K.Freeman part.

Reaction Score
“Once, when a columnist questioned why Calhoun didn’t take advantage of an educational opportunity to see Pearl Harbor when the Huskies were playing in the Maui Tournament, the coach shot back: ‘Hey, the kids are at the Farmington Marriott for semester break. Think I should take them to the [bleeping] Mark Twain House?’” —
Mike DiMauro, sports columnist,
The Day
of New London

Reaction Score
“For the first time, I really feel he’s at peace with himself. The accident had a lot to do with his decision to retire. He was in bed, he couldn’t move, so he took a real hard look at himself and made the choice.” —George Blaney, UConn associate head coach

And yet you still have supposed UConn fns blasting him for the way he retired.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
“For the first time, I really feel he’s at peace with himself. The accident had a lot to do with his decision to retire. He was in bed, he couldn’t move, so he took a real hard look at himself and made the choice.” —George Blaney, UConn associate head coach

And yet you still have supposed UConn fns blasting him for the way he retired.
This quote won't change their minds one bit. They need to believe that JC's decision to wait until the last minute was deliberate to push KO into the coaching position. The more rationale consideration that the accident was the issue for the retirement won't be factored by these individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom