Cincinnati vs Miami Thursday October 1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati vs Miami Thursday October 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Agree. Would have kicked the field goal and then went for the on sides kick. . .

The odds on 4th and 6 are not great. Miami could have kicked the FG and even kicked off. I suspect Golden went for it because of the timeout situation, but he needed a FG at some point anyway, so might as well get it.

Reaction Score
Good win for the American. Hopefully UConn can add to the non-conference victories tomorrow night.
Not bad when a southern mid major conference can have one of its teams from the midwest represent huh?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The P5 will never let the AAC get good enough to get on their level. They will raid the top teams before we even sniff an New Year's access bowl or a better TV deal.

That's why I root for UConn and against 11 other teams in the AAC every weekend.
Question: When Navy plays ND in south Bend, who are you rooting and pulling for??

Reaction Score
The odds on 4th and 6 are not great. Miami could have kicked the FG and even kicked off. I suspect Golden went for it because of the timeout situation, but he needed a FG at some point anyway, so might as well get it.

Don't necessarily disagree about kicking it away. Wasn't keeping track of Miami's TO's so it may have been the right call.

Reaction Score
slmandel 10:56pm via TweetDeck
With this loss, the ACC falls to 5-14 vs. the Power 5, American and Mountain West.

slmandel 10:59pm via TweetDeck
The American is so much fun this year. Memphis, Houston, Cincy, Temple, ECU, Navy. No idea who's going to win it.

One more...

McMurphyESPN 11:05pm via TweetDeck
ACC teams now 3-3 vs. American this year & only 3-10 vs. Power 5 teams

Reaction Score
I know it's in our best interest this year if Cincy wins, but I can't find myself rooting for them tonight. I just hate them so much.
Really? So you're a Miami fan?

Reaction Score
Kirk is dying for every call to go Miami's way. lol
Actually Jim, it was David (Pollock) and Jesse (Palmer) were dying for every call to go Miami's way. Agree with you, was making me ad nauseum nauseous wanting to puke on them and their p5 build up. Yes, you are right if you were inferring it-IMO - Kirk (along with Jesse and David) are puppets for the ESPN rhetoric and self promotion for the P5, THEIR playoff system & ESPN owned & sponsored bowl games. Makes me sick-did I mention that?

Reaction Score
Cincy over Miami, UConn driving for the win against SEC/MO, Temple over Penn State, ECU driving for the win against Florida, Houston over Louisville. . . Memphis cued up for #1 Mississippi. . . Navy and Temple take on ND. . .maybe this league isn't as bad as the pundits led me to believe (I'm so gullible :rolleyes:). Tulsa and SMU laying the foundation too. Of course this probably ends bad for UConn, but I'm wired to root for my conference so I'm totally screwed.

Reaction Score
Cincy over Miami, UConn driving for the win against SEC/MO, Temple over Penn State, ECU driving for the win against Florida, Houston over Louisville. . . Memphis cued up for #1 Mississippi. . . Navy and Temple take on ND. . .maybe this league isn't as bad as the pundits led me to believe (I'm so gullible :rolleyes:). Tulsa and SMU laying the foundation too. Of course this probably ends bad for UConn, but I'm wired to root for my conference so I'm totally screwed.

Just looking at the schedules AAC teams seem to be setup as trap games for a few of these ranked schools. Doesn't mean they'll win but could be some close calls esp Navy-ND. Memphis Ole Miss might be fun for awhile but Ole Miss is real good this year.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking if AAC teams beat P5 teams and UConn beats them, it looks better for UConn. If AAC teams lose to P5 teams and UConn beats them it doesn't look too impressive. But that's just me. :rolleyes:

What do you get when you add 5 P5 wins + two close losses to the SEC+ Navy with
a shot at going undefeated in 2015?

Temple 27 Penn State 10
Houston 34 Louisville 31
Memphis 55 Kansas 23
ECU 35 VA Tech 28
Cincy 34 Miami 23

ECU 31 Florida 24
Missouri 9 UCONN 6

ANSWER:

image.jpg

Reaction Score
Just looking at the schedules AAC teams seem to be setup as trap games for a few of these ranked schools. Doesn't mean they'll win but could be some close calls esp Navy-ND. Memphis Ole Miss might be fun for awhile but Ole Miss is real good this year.

Ole Miss is legit. If Memphis could pullI off a victory it would be a Marquis win for Memphis and the AAC. If you buy into Warren Nolan's NPI, then the AAC is currently closer to P5 than G5.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Honestly I think the stranger decision was kicking it on 4th down when they were down 27-20.

You take 3 in the last spot you still need: a stop, a TD, 2 pt conversion and you are still only tied. From the 4 you may as well play for 2 TDs and the win in regulation.

Reaction Score
Cincy's ability to plug in QB after QB is pretty remarkable.

What is even more remarkable is Hayden Moore was not highly rated coming out of high school in Alabama! He didn't have any P5 offers. Wonder if that kept Nick Saban up last night? So much for the star system!

"Rivals rated Moore as a two-star prospect heading into his senior season, while 247sports listed him as a three-star recruit. He also received offers from Jacksonville State, Middle Tennessee, Murray State, South Alabama, Southern Illinois and UAB."

http://heavy.com/sports/2015/10/hay...ights-rivals-twitter-family-college-football/

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honestly I think the stranger decision was kicking it on 4th down when they were down 27-20.

I agree with you totally. When you are moving the ball and get stymied with a 4th and 1--you go for it. We should have on first drive vs Navy--and the score/time remaining wasn't even a factor for us like it was for Miami. Those two running plays into the middle on 2nd and 3rd downs were poor play calls also. Miami blew that game.

Reaction Score
The conference isn't awful. But if you have to measure a conference by the number of premiere programs in it, it is awful. If we had FSU and Clemson, we'd be P5. :)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I feel bad for that dude who flew 1,116 miles to fly a #FireAlGolden sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom