Chief00 Kicks Back | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief00 Kicks Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

How about tips on weak-side rebounding? I think you just have to stand there, right?

Quite frankly, you probably watched Andre do that in 2012 and garner 9 a game and thought - that's how it's done. Unfortunately, only a few very gifted ones can do that - for us mere mortals what you want to do is set a low base - when you're boxing out keep contact with the opponent when possible - don't be upright like you suggested - use your butt and thighs to create depth space - use your arms as much as the referee allows to create horizontal space but then you need to transition your arms above your head as the ball gets near the rim. Fortunately, I could jump well some can't but you can still rebound pretty good doing these things.
One last thing as Coach Calhoun often said - and I will clean it up a little - ok a lot - you got to want the ball more than the other guy - coaches can't teach that - they can motivate maybe but that fire has to be there to ignite.

C

Chief00

Where I disagree with some is I believe the young guns want to learn the game the right way - they just don't always have right access to do that and sometimes the culture encourages just the dunk highlight reel and not the fundamentals which are work and learnings.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That's a great question - you ask that cuz you know Clyde V is my guy - there is a guy out in Cali named Pete who runs a good Bigs camp.

Pete Newell? He died 7 years ago.

The big man's camp is still around though. Don't think his sons are involved.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I had long suspected Chief being the most subtle troll on Yard. Meaning he was just believable enough to make you think it wasn't a joke.

Now while this is still hilarious, the answer is now obvious haha.

Reaction Score
I had long suspected Chief being the most subtle troll on Yard. Meaning he was just believable enough to make you think it wasn't a joke.

I could tell when he started forcing "quite frankly" in to every third post

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Huskybass said:
This is, quite frankly, THE best thread ever on the boneyard. Chief just raised the bar considerably. #Chief>bestpizzainCT

I bet all these people are going to curse the fact that actually have lives and things to do on a beautiful Saturday afternoon rather than miss the the chance to participate in a Chief AMA on the boneyard.
This is historic.

It's gold, Jerry, gold.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, it's the lazy hot days of summer and I plan to take some time off soon. So if someone has a basketball related question, please ask it now but my advice is to enjoy the summer, recharge the batteries and get locked into basketball around Labor Day.
I was thinking of planning an event next summer with a couple of ex UConn players - do you think people on the board would have an interest in attending?

Why did my girlfriend dump me? :(

C

Chief00

Sorry to hear that I Bleed Blue - take it as an opportunity to have whatever was lacking to have better with another girl. But first take some time for yourself. With relationships don't over analyze it - one minute your golden then you ain't - anger is from the inside out as someone recently said here - you will find there are other fish in the sea - but when you meet that someone new - don't talk about the old girlfriend - the girls don't like that ( ha ha)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Have the Mets done enough to be playoff contenders, or do they need to make another move before the trade deadline?

C

Chief00

Have the Mets done enough to be playoff contenders, or do they need to make another move before the trade deadline?

The Mets need to deal for some big hitting.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Who is the starting five on the all time Uconn great hair team?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear that I Bleed Blue - take it as an opportunity to have whatever was lacking to have better with another girl. But first take some time for yourself. With relationships don't over analyze it - one minute your golden then you ain't - anger is from the inside out as someone recently said here - you will find there are other fish in the sea - but when you meet that someone new - don't talk about the old girlfriend - the girls don't like that ( ha ha)
The obvious answer should have been "it's time to become a quantity guy"!:cool:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I could tell when he started forcing "quite frankly" in to every third post

Def not a complete troll job. Don't discount the not-so-subtle bit of seriousness that underlies everyone of Chief's basketball posts. That's where the true magic (hilarity) lies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Who else thought this thread was gonna be chief lashing out at his "haters"

Reaction Score
Who else thought this thread was gonna be chief lashing out at his "haters"
Probably no one, because "kick back" is most commonly colloquially used as an idiom for relaxing, which is kind of the opposite of "lashing out".

Reaction Score
Probably no one, because "kick back" is most commonly colloquially used as an idiom for relaxing, which is kind of the opposite of "lashing out".
2.jpg

chief rn studying film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member