Chief00 Kicks Back | The Boneyard

Chief00 Kicks Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Quite frankly, it's the lazy hot days of summer and I plan to take some time off soon. So if someone has a basketball related question, please ask it now but my advice is to enjoy the summer, recharge the batteries and get locked into basketball around Labor Day.
I was thinking of planning an event next summer with a couple of ex UConn players - do you think people on the board would have an interest in attending?

Reaction Score
What is the best way to establish post position , and do you have any suggestions on a coach , 'big man coach' if you will, that could help instill this in uconns young bigs ?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Osazee Omokaro vs Kwasi Gyambibi - who wins in a game of one on one?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Can you ask Andre if he would ever date a soccer mom?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Whats your view on the benefit of soccer to hone basketball skills?

C

Chief00

Whats your view on the benefit of soccer to hone basketball skills?

Time poorly spent. That approach was in none of John Wooden or Red Auerbach's books. In only gains currency in Internet chat rooms.

C

Chief00

Do you call yourself Chief because you've been promoted from a previous rank of Captain Obvious?

There was a 7 foot guy on the Boston Celtics who wore 00 - who got that nickname from a movie a LA Laker fan starred in - that's the hint

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Who was our best big man coach?

Is he still available?

C

Chief00

Who was our best big man coach?

Is he still available?
That's a great question - you ask that cuz you know Clyde V is my guy - there is a guy out in Cali named Pete who runs a good Bigs camp.
As far as establishing position - develop a strong base, beat your man down court and get position immediately. Go out work the other guy, learn how to present yourself when the ball gets moved to the weak side. Give the passer a target. Practice 2 or 3 moves including a jump hook until you own those moves and can do them off quickly with confidence. Of course on rebounding think weak side - that's where the ball usually goes. On offense move to the open spot and make eye contact with passers.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Can I know everything there is to know about the game by playing video games?

That approach has been tried my some on this board, I believe. I would not recommend it. Again time in the gym playing basketball or practicing it helps. Get stronger and better condition running and lifting. Recommend sitting and pulling universal bar from extended over head to shoulder height to help rebounding - do curls to help forearms to nudge off defenders - bench press is good for upper body - do push-ups and sit-ups too.

Reaction Score
Any suggestions on relief for my plantar fasciitis? The cortisone shots just aren't doing the trick. That court be callin me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom