Chi. Trib. article on UConn recruit Haley Gorecki | The Boneyard

Chi. Trib. article on UConn recruit Haley Gorecki

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Haley Gorecki's validation date as one of the best juniors in the country is stored in her cell phone.

On Sunday, Nov. 3, eight-time national champion Connecticut joined the Haley Gorecki Fan Club. The Huskies, coached by Geno Auriemma, are one of the elite programs in the country.

"That's when they offered me," Gorecki said after searching her phone for the date UConn offered her. "It's one of the best schools in the country. It's a real honor. Not that the other (offers) aren't big, but Connecticut is one of the best. It was incredible."

LINK

Reaction Score
"Haley's game is not dictated by volume shooting," Yates said. "She makes everybody around her better. She impacts the game in so many other ways than just scoring. She's also just a very unassuming and quiet kid. :)

"I just am playing with more confidence now," Gorecki said. "My coach always tells me to shoot more. I can more unselfish than selfish. I'm a captain. I have to be a leader and got a lot more responsibility."

The 6-foot Gorecki, who was averaging 23 points, seven rebounds and six assists per game through Monday, would like to incorporate another dimension to her game — a few more inches. Her older brother, Adam, is 6-6.

"I don't think I'm done growing," Gorecki said. :D

Gorecki is 6'0 and growing while KLS is I've heard up to 6'3. Given the guard heavy class coming in next year, a class of Gorecki and KLS as wings with size and shooting ability added by a 6'5 Kalani Brown looks to be the ideal recruiting class. After seeing this article Gorecki is moving up my list for sure.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
when did this happen, never heard of her... or am I getting old?

(edit) offered, not verbal or signed. ok

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Thanks, but wouldn't conventional wisdom put her in Palo Alto?

Reaction Score
Haley Gorecki, sounds like a Polish name, - dobsha, dobsha! Tell your parent's we have a lot of good Polish food in Conn.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Thanks, but wouldn't conventional wisdom put her in Palo Alto?
Not anymore. Youngest children in birth order studies often cut their own path and are fearless doing that.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Note that her 2 older sisters are not even playing major minor minutes for Tara.

In the interest of accuracy, I suggest a slight revision to the quoted post.

As for Gorecki, I seem to recall that she came to UConn for an unofficial visit (for a pre-season exhibition game) which, if correct, means that she came at her own/parents' expense.

I take that as a most positive sign as I remember that Maya Moore and Moriah Jefferson were among recruits who visited unofficially. :):):)

Reaction Score
Haley Gorecki, sounds like a Polish name, - dobsha, dobsha! Tell your parent's we have a lot of good polish food in Conn.

Gorecki is indeed a Polish surname. A Polish composer of contemporary classical music, Henryk Mikołaj Górecki, had a rare popular success with his Symphony #3, a million seller in the 1990s.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I will find out where she is playing next and see if I can catch one of her games here in Chicago.

T

TroyHouse66

If she is REALLY Polish, she'll have relatives in New Brht-in already.

Reaction Score
I married a Polish girl from Chicago, North side, Rosary college graduate. I am Blessed!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One photo shows Gorecky playing defense....very long arms....plus she's quite a scorer. Could be the next Kelly Ferris

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Haley Gorecki, sounds like a Polish name, - dobsha, dobsha! Tell your parent's we have a lot of good Polish food in Conn.

sounds like Holly Golightly, too..

Time to whip up some perogies, kielbasa, and some o' Nana's good kraut! Put down my customary red wine, and crack open some of my home brew, aging in the basement!:)

Reaction Score
Lol...I hope you appreciate the Vietnamese food nearby! Pho Xe Tang (Tank Noodle)!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Gorecki is indeed a Polish surname. A Polish composer of contemporary classical music, Henryk Mikołaj Górecki, had a rare popular success with his Symphony #3, a million seller in the 1990s.

I really freaked when I saw the thread; the name is so close.
We did a huge benefit of the Symphony for Nonsuch, the company that recorded it, broadcast nationally if I remember, with Dawn Upshaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom