Chat - Please read ... | The Boneyard

Chat - Please read ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I need anyone who has used our chat in the past, or plans to use it in the future, to try the chat out in the next couple of days. Click the link at the top, go to the chat, post something ... that's enough.

If you can't get in, or have any other issues. Reply to this thread with the specific problem, device, browser, and OS. I doubt it will ever work for everyone, but I'll do my best.

BTW - The chat is now accessible with your mobile device (phones, iPad, etc).

Reaction Score
Well, I click on the tab/link above and it brings me to the page but nothing is there. I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer. I am at work, lol, so maybe its blocked...

Reaction Score
Missing Plugin.

It wants me to install "Java Runtime Environment."

Reaction Score
Wants me to install Java. Active x. Virus software issued a warning indicating the software download was of an "unknown" source. Any way to give some comfort about downloading the required software?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Chat worked on my PC (windows / firefox), I have Java installed previously. Also worked from my web browser on android... wondering if they will make it available on the tapatalk app? Probably better to use the laptop for chat anyway.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It works if you install Java (or have it installed). Scanned the Java add on with Norton's and they give it the thumbs up.

Can you get rid of the message bar (yellow triangle with exclaimation point) that tell me that chat is down for maintainance that appears at the bottom of the page?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have Firefox on a slightly older mac. I see the options "Enter chat room" and "Enter chat room (popup)". I tried both. I can currently see that there are 2 people in the chat room, but when i click on it, it brings up the chat, however, it never loads the place for me to type in anything, or see what others are typing. I waited about 5 minutes and nothing loaded.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Just get the (now) annoying bar at the bottom of the main screen with a yellow triangle and an exclamation point. When I move the cursor over it, a message pops up saying chat is down for maintenance. Running FFox on Win 7.

Reaction Score
Ditto on EricSandiego's post. Windows 7/Firefox, See the chat box, can't type in it, don't see anyone else typing in it.

Reaction Score
Ok just tried it again. Works fine now.
Yay!! Am anxious to chat with fellow Husky fans

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
works well on my Acer A500 tablet but when I go to another tab (Words with.. etc) it disconnects me from the server. I have to log back in

Reaction Score
I need anyone who has used our chat in the past, or plans to use it in the future, to try the chat out in the next couple of days. Click the link at the top, go to the chat, post something ... that's enough.

If you can't get in, or have any other issues. Reply to this thread with the specific problem, device, browser, and OS. I doubt it will ever work for everyone, but I'll do my best.

BTW - The chat is now accessible with your mobile device (phones, iPad, etc).

Works fine on my MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion v10.8.1 using Safari 6.0, Firefox 15.0.1 and Google Chrome 21.0.1180.89. It also works fine on my iPad3 running iOS 6.0.

Reaction Score
Can't get in - I get "A problem with the web page caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen this tab"

I'm IE9 and Windows7.

Reaction Score
I had to download a multiletter and -number applet, whatever that is, but it downloaded immediately and pushed me into the Chat Lobby. I was there all by myself. :(

Safari 5.0.6 on a MacBook Pro--OS X 10.5.8

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Not working - Windows 7 - Chrome - 64bit. Says I don't have the latest version of Java. I downloaded the latest version, but Chrome has it's own java and apparently the 64 bit version isn't update???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom