Charlie V. Finding His NBA Niche | The Boneyard

Charlie V. Finding His NBA Niche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
https://www.mavs.com/2015-year-in-review-charlie-villanueva/

Of note: "Charlie Villanueva’s performance this season epitomized that of a pure three-point shooter. Whenever he stepped onto the floor, his job was simple: Shoot the ball..."

More than 60 percent of Villanueva’s field goal attempts this season came from beyond the three-point line. Seventy-six percent of his shots came without taking a dribble, per NBA.com, and a whopping 88 percent came after touching the ball for fewer than two seconds.

He's an unrestricted free agent this summer. And despite turning 31 later this year, he's cultivated a skill (3-point-shooting) that ages well, so expect some interest from teams that want to stretch the floor from the four spot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is it bad it keeps slipping my mind he's still around?

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score

Not good or bad. But the more UConn players in the NBA the better our brand with recruits.

Reaction Score
https://www.mavs.com/2015-year-in-review-charlie-villanueva/

Of note: "Charlie Villanueva’s performance this season epitomized that of a pure three-point shooter. Whenever he stepped onto the floor, his job was simple: Shoot the ball..."

More than 60 percent of Villanueva’s field goal attempts this season came from beyond the three-point line. Seventy-six percent of his shots came without taking a dribble, per NBA.com, and a whopping 88 percent came after touching the ball for fewer than two seconds.

He's an unrestricted free agent this summer. And despite turning 31 later this year, he's cultivated a skill (3-point-shooting) that ages well, so expect some interest from teams that want to stretch the floor from the four spot.
He came into UCONN as a 3. Also, on first night he always won the 3 point shot contest.

Reaction Score
Hmm, would be an excellent cheap get for the Knicks and would fit into the triangle perfectly just setting up behing the 3 point line and knocking down shots when left open. On the flipside anyone that goes to NY turns to ISH, and I dont wish that for him. smh... I think he'd be a good fit there though.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

You're good, Boat. Imagine how this dude feels.

Charlie-Villanueva-tattoo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger