Championship Banner Will Be Unveiled Monday at Gampel | The Boneyard

Championship Banner Will Be Unveiled Monday at Gampel

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Rich Elliott@elliottctpost 3h
#UConn's 2013 national championship banner will be unveiled Monday at Gampel Pavilion. #bleedblue pic.twitter.com/LdLTIlVfF3

BYgdAtHIUAAxXd9.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/elliottctpost/status/398600465304535040/photo/1/large

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice! With Stanford and Chiney in the house.

Just thinking, but if Chiney had chosen UConn, it's possible that she would be going for her 4th and the Huskies would be going for 6 in a row.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
IF. IF. IF. . .

Svet and Shea had not both gotten hurt
Hunter. . .
EDD. . .
Wolff. . .
The list goes on about all those IF's.

As the old saying goes, "If a bullfrog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps."

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Baylor outdid UCONN. We hung THREE banners

Ah, heck ETT, now yer just lookin' ta stir up the rascals! I haven't been able to find it on Youtube, but, when I saw that "Sweet 16" banner, I thought of Ross Perot, just a-shakin' his head, and sayin' "Now, that's just sad. That's just sad!"

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We have to save space we have a lot of banners already hung and still to hang: 3 for men and 8 for the women and God willing more to come. Plus there are all those AA.

HGN

Reaction Score
Yes, but none of those 3 banners said what Baylor really would have loved for them to say: 2013 NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPION. That right rests with the UConn Huskies for this Monday night. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It will be a fun night at Gampel on Monday and Geno wants to make a statement to the rest of WCBB.........Let the Banner rise..........

HGN

Reaction Score
One interesting side note at raising our Championship banner on Monday night is that 2 Samuelson's will be on hand to witness it . With a 3rd Samuelson, which is being recruited by UConn, back home in California watching with parents....How Sweet It Is.

Reaction Score
The pix give me chills. Hope we TV viewers get to see the banner, at least! And maybe the unveiling will show up on YouTube someday.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Sometimes, one beats three.

adding

Kudos to Baylor for celebrating their accomplishments. By definition, only a few of the 300 plus teams can reach the Sweet Sixteen, and it is an accomplishment worth celebrating. We are tremendously blessed, and spoiled, enough so that we consider the Sweet Sixteen a step in a process, not a final accomplishment.

I know it wasn't easy for Baylor to push those accomplishments as reasons to celebrate, because of their reasonable expectations for more. I hope we can walk the fine line between being happy we accomplished more, while not treating lesser accomplishments as unworthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
ETT - loved your first post!
As I recall we used to have some individual banners for BE regular season titles and BE tournament championships back in the dark ages, but then they just went to a single banner with a number that changed most years for each of those accomplishments.
(And isn't there like one black chair back with a year on it for each year that we fail to make the FF?:rolleyes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom