Chad Ford's Latest Mock | The Boneyard

Chad Ford's Latest Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the understanding that Chad Ford is a , his latest mock has Shabazz going 28th to the Clippers. Playing for Doc Rivers, mentored by Chris Paul, with a chance to play for a ring from jump street would be a pretty great situation for him.

Reaction Score
From Ollie to Doc would be a dream come true. Kemba to CP3 as furthers the dream. Being in LA keeps him relevant.

Doesn't matter when selected (sans money) but who selects. Clippers would set him up for longevity at Bazz's pace.

Reaction Score
I see clips/thunder drafting him. Clips because of his ties to CP3 at his camp and Thunder due to them loving Ollie and Reggie Jackson Potentially moving on to another team for more money.

Reaction Score
I think Bazz would be a solid fit with the Knicks... He's got that flair... Just a special talent.. IMO... He's a better fit there than Nate Robinson when they drafted him... He's more of a floor general... that shoots the ball extremely well within the flow of a game... along with seeing the court...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
As a Celtic fan I would to see them take Bazz with their second pick in the first round. He would be solid off the bench behind Rondo

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'd be in favor of this too. However, if they draft Randle, they will need to move Olynyk or Sullinger. You can't have three straight first rounders at the same position.

I would prefer to move Sullinger as Olynynk can play the five spot and take whoever is guarding him out of the lane

Reaction Score
From listening to Ainge and Stevens, they really want a "rim protector". As much as I'd take Parker, Wiggins, etc, they would likely go with Embiid which scares me to death that high. A young kid who has a back issue? Ick. Something tells me, though, that they wouldn't trade up for him. They'd rather trade out and get someone (who? I don't know) who is already in the league.

Reaction Score
I just really hope the kid goes in the first round, he deserves the pay check as much as anybody who's ever played here.

Looking at some of the teams likely to be drafting at the end of the first round (LAC, OKC, Miami, SA, etc.) you'd have to think a back-up point guard who can step in and help right away would be a priority.

Reaction Score
From listening to Ainge and Stevens, they really want a "rim protector". As much as I'd take Parker, Wiggins, etc, they would likely go with Embiid which scares me to death that high. A young kid who has a back issue? Ick. Something tells me, though, that they wouldn't trade up for him. They'd rather trade out and get someone (who? I don't know) who is already in the league.

from the reports it seems as if Embiid's stress fracture is the same that Drummond had last year, doesn't seem too serious but teams drafting that high will be putting him thru all kinds of tests so if he drops we'll know the reason why.

Reaction Score
I think Bazz would be the perfect successor to Tony Parker in San Antonio in Poppovich's system. Not a spurs fan, but he would be perfect for Pop.

Reaction Score
Doc sounds good. Please get him to a good coach, which is likely because he will probably be selected by a playoff team. Would love for him to play for the new Suns also. All around excited because I can see DD being selected by a playoff team as well. League Pass next year should be ripe with huskies

UconnAngel

Feed the orphans
Reaction Score
With the understanding that Chad Ford is a , his latest mock has Shabazz going 28th to the Clippers. Playing for Doc Rivers, mentored by Chris Paul, with a chance to play for a ring from jump street would be a pretty great situation for him.
BigErnM, can you explain: what is a ? Thanks.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think Bazz would be the perfect successor to Tony Parker in San Antonio in Poppovich's system. Not a spurs fan, but he would be perfect for Pop.
That's been my dream for more than a year. SA finishing first overall did not help however.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

I know the Celtics like Omer Asik who is on the outs with Houston with Dwight Howard there now. He would protect the rim and rebound. I am not a fan of Embiid as the back issue bother me as well. I would prefer them to take Noah Vonleh who could play center with his reach.

Reaction Score
BigErnM, can you explain: what is a ? Thanks.
CXxfCUn.jpg

Reaction Score
I dont think bazz will be around that late. He wont be a knick because they have no picks this year unless they make a trade.

Reaction Score
Baz makes more sense to the pacers.

Doubtful.. they have George Hill, C.J. Watson, and a 3rd PG already. They're pretty set at that position. The Pacers need somebody that can put the ball in the hole. The Suns own their 1st round pick anyway so it's moot.
Miami could be a player.. Either Norris Cole or Mario Chalmers won't be back with the Heat next season and they'll need a PG

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think Bazz would be a solid fit with the Knicks... He's got that flair... Just a special talent.. IMO... He's a better fit there than Nate Robinson when they drafted him... He's more of a floor general... that shoots the ball extremely well within the flow of a game... along with seeing the court...
PLEASE don't let him go to that trainwreck of a franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom