Chad Ford on UConn's NBA prospects (and the rest of the East region) | The Boneyard

Chad Ford on UConn's NBA prospects (and the rest of the East region)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know many can't stand the guy, but here's what he had to say on Shabazz & DeAndre, both who were labeled as potential second-rounders:

Scouts either love or hate Napier. There tends to be no in between. He leads the team in scoring, rebounding and assists, and can be a terrific defender when he wants to be. The scouts who are less enamored with the senior point to two recent games against Louisville where Napier was taken apart on both ends of the floor as evidence that he's just not good enough to get it done at the next level. However, a big tournament for Napier and UConn could shut them up.

Daniels always has been intriguing as a long, athletic player with a perimeter game. He's shooting 44 percent from 3-point range this season, but scouts would love to see him taking twice as many shots per game. He can be a little passive.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...ts-team-ncaa-tournament-east-region-nba-draft

Reaction Score
Given how he performs in individual workouts napier is a damn near lock for early second round, or late first. How about the first time we played ville, where he had 30?!?!?! Smart scouts don't isolate individual games to dictate the potential of a prospect. His passing ability hasn't gone unnoticed, I'm just worried about his leg strength; if he will be able to drive and explode past people. That drops him IMO, his overall strength.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Given how he performs in individual workouts napier is a damn near lock for early second round, or late first. How about the first time we played ville, where he had 30?!?!?! Smart scouts don't isolate individual games to dictate the potential of a prospect.
Andrew Wiggins had three points in a game against OK State. No way I'm taking that guy.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That's it. Let's look at the loses to one of the best teams in the country as evidence that Napier can't be Michael Jordan. 1) They already knew that. 2) No team in the NBA presses or plays zone as much as Louisville did in their three wins vs. UConn. It's an unfair comparison.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I agree with the Daniels statement. I would to see him come back and be the agressive leading scorer for the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom