CH 30 news says new husky dog in a month | The Boneyard

CH 30 news says new husky dog in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Revamping the looks, said a less friendly looking mascot

Reaction Score
I've never cared too much about mascots but I have had friends who aren't UConn fans say that our logo looks too wuss with the smiling Husky and the red toungue sticking out, so clearly some people notice.

Reaction Score
Nothing new about the "less friendly look". How about showing the logo now?!? Oregon State got to see theirs already.

Reaction Score
They said next month, which could mean a couple weeks, or whenever it gets leaked out first via the 'net.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Kinda fitting, the end of the Big East Era, and UConn goes with a Dog that will look Angry. Go figure-

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone see the Facebook posting yesterday about a spring announcement of a new Husky? I read through the comments and didn't see more than a couple in favor of the change. It was a landslide of negativity about the change. Among others, people like the current logo and with the state of the CT economy that this is a waste of money to change signage etc. I can't comment on this with accuracy but would guess that if the university is expecting a revenue bump from this to off-set the expense, with the economy and declining sales of UCONN gear as it is, I'm not seeing it either.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If only the husky looked meaner I bet they would have more than 3 national championships. This is big stuff.

Reaction Score
I like the current husky. We gotta stay true to our traditions and besides, the kids love the cute husky. What are Warde and Herst's emails do I can send them some hate.

Reaction Score
This move is solely focused on football. I get that the football program needs something, but a new husky logo isn't it. Firing coach p would be a better approach.

Reaction Score
Anyone see the Facebook posting yesterday about a spring announcement of a new Husky? I read through the comments and didn't see more than a couple in favor of the change. It was a landslide of negativity about the change. Among others, people like the current logo and with the state of the CT economy that this is a waste of money to change signage etc. I can't comment on this with accuracy but would guess that if the university is expecting a revenue bump from this to off-set the expense, with the economy and declining sales of UCONN gear as it is, I'm not seeing it either.

1. I saw that posting. Too much of a mob mentality on FB threads. I've always liked the current logo too, but too many people there are trashing the new design before even seeing it.

2. How is it a waste of money if UConn is working with Nike on the rebranding so it won't cost the school anything?

http://courantblogs.com/capitol-watch/uconn-brand-managers-developing-tougher-husky/

Reaction Score
Logo changes happen all the time. No matter what anyone says, logos will always change. UNC, Duke, Ohio State, Alabama, etc, all changed their logos. Every school I've looked into changed logos, even after they won championships. Our tradition is being UConn. Not a logo.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
1. I saw that posting. Too much of a mob mentality on FB threads. I've always liked the current logo too, but too many people there are trashing the new design before even seeing it.

2. How is it a waste of money if UConn is working with Nike on the rebranding so it won't cost the school anything?

http://courantblogs.com/capitol-watch/uconn-brand-managers-developing-tougher-husky/
I don't know about the mob mentality. People are pretty willing to express their opinions on Facebook on either side. The overwhelming negativity expressed there had to have gotten back to the UCONN administration. Shouldn't the university community have a say in a change? Did they do any polling? My wife's university changed the university's actual name without even asking the alumni and now she has a diploma for an expensive private university that no longer exists by that name....I'd be pretty pissed if my school did that but it just shows that universities don't feel accountable to their constituents when making decisions.

As I tried to indicate in my earlier post, I don't know if there's a financial risk or not. I'd love to know the details of how Nike is going to do this without the university incurring ANY costs. Saying it won't cost anything sounds great, but how?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've always liked the current logo too, but too many people there are trashing the new design before even seeing it.

Why wait? Some things you just know. But unlike the upside-down, jumping Husky with palsy, this new logo won't be going anywhere. The sooner we vent, the sooner it will blow over.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh god no...
huskylogo.gif

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

You simply can't read internet postings about UConn because the Hartford Courant / WTIC crowd just on anything that looks like progress for the school. And, more importantly, they never ever ever have the facts straight. This is costing UConn nothing, Nike is paying as part of our licensing agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom